𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

     "Hand me a pen and I'll rewrite the pain, when you're ready, we'll turn the page together, open a bottle, it's time we celebrate

     "Hand me a pen and I'll rewrite the pain, when you're ready, we'll turn the page together, open a bottle, it's time we celebrate."

— Chosen Family, Rina Sawayama.

      Ignoring Kaz's words completely, Trixie set off behind him, slipping a dagger into her pocket as she followed him

Ignoring Kaz's words completely, Trixie set off behind him, slipping a dagger into her pocket as she followed him. The entire way there, she cursed the boy, almost slipping on the rooftop as she was too absorbed in her thoughts. She wanted to tell him she required nothing from him, he didn't need to do what he'd done before. It seemed he didn't want to hear it, going onto rant about how much of a bad person he was, which she thought was stupid. Truthfully, every one of them were bad people, who was she to judge anyone, her hobbies included poisoning people.

Crouching down, she found a spot to observe the room from a neighbouring rooftop where she could see and hear everything. It was where she remained as she watched the confrontation between Kaz and Per Haskell, curiously raising her brow as she listened closely. Concealing her anger had never been her strong point and right now, she was struggling immensely as she watched the stand off. In a matter of seconds it had changed from a calm brief off to a full on fight, ending in Kaz ditching his cane to fight hand to hand combat.

A silent gasp echoed from her lips as she watched one of the dregs strike the side of Kaz's head, sending him straight to the ground. Cheers rang in her ears as she froze, staring at his unmoving body in shock, she never expected him actually to drop, he was Kaz Brekker, he wouldn't go down so easily. Her legs moved before her mind made the conscious acknowledgment, hiding out of the shadows she'd been accompanied by during this bloody fete. Swearing she'd kill them all, watch their blood paint the walls crimson, she grabbed the knife hidden in her pockets.

Once she had risen, Kaz's eyes shot wide open, immediately landing on her form, of course the asshole knew she was there. He wasn't stupid, he knew she'd follow him, he knew one thing Trixie couldn't do was follow instructions. Kaz noticed the expression on her face, fear and a glint of chaos sparkling in her irises, his favourite. Shaking his head, he forced her to crouch back into the shadows, watching the scene play out with an anxious feeling building up inside of her.

Trixie Van Der Woodsen loved chaos, violence and anything she believed was entertaining enough for her to spare a few seconds caring for it. Anytime there was an argument, she had a wide grin tugging at her lips as she practically glowed from hostility surrounding the atmosphere. To her, it was like a drug she'd love to be addicted to. But this, this wasn't enjoyable. It made her heart clench as she saw the bloodied state of her...friend. Never had she seen Kaz in such a state and it was scary to see the bastard of the barrel in such horrific condition.

Still, the fight continued and all she could do was helplessly watch as it played out, her heartbeat racing as she caught sight of the knife in the hands of one of the dreg's hands. Thankfully, he only just narrowly dodged it and she allowed a breath to pass by her lips. It seemed that the more beaten and bloody he became, the more encouraged he became to finish them off, striking them back ten times harder.

Trixie watched as Kaz wiped a sleeve across his face, smearing blood over his nose and forehead, before spitting. He adjusted his gloves, looked down at Per Haskell from the secondstory landing. The sick bastard smiled, his teeth were red and wet, a sight Trixie should've not of found as attractive as she did. Immediately the thought vanished as she realised the crowd had become larger than when the fight had begun. The bastard remained unaffected, rolling his shoulders.

"Who's next?" Kaz called out, and Trixie was unsure how he could keep his voice so steady despite the damage that had been done to his body. "Who's coming? This is what I do all day long, I fight. When was the last time you saw Per Haskell take a punch, lead a job? Hell, when was the last time you saw him out of his bed before noon?"

"You think we're going to applaud because you can take a beating?" Per Haskell sneered at the boy, a sight that made Trixie curious. "It don't make up for the trouble you've caused. Bringing the law down on the Barrel, kidnapping a mercher's son—."

"I told you I had no part in that." Kaz quipped and Trixie snickered at the irony of this situation.

Continuing to listen to their argument, a scoff passed her lips as she heard him steal her words from earlier, you don't ask for respect, you earn it. Slightly changed but she knew what he was speaking of when his eyes flickered to meet hers for a brief second. Lips tugging upwards, she leaned her head on the wall beside her, watching the scene as Kaz finally managed to convince Haskell to his agreements. She remained there until he limped out of the slat, his cane clicking against the floor as he wiped a hand over his face, trying to erase any of the blood coating his skin.

Dropping down beside him, she said nothing, merely raised a brow at him while his own eyes rolled, walking ahead of her. Following behind him, she walked in time to his step as they headed back to the hotel. Trixie was thankful, he wasn't dead, that's all she could think about.

        For a brief second she'd seen his body down, she'd seen him unmoving and the thought alone terrified her. Yet, here he stood, broody as ever as he seemed to glare at anyone and anything that glanced in his direction. She was thankful to have him back.

 She was thankful to have him back

Words~1015.
{edited:no}