𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

     "For so long I waited on you, went with the lie 'til it was true, so, you burned the bridges, and drained the rivers, I can't forgive you, like I did before

     "For so long I waited on you, went with the lie 'til it was true, so, you burned the bridges, and drained the rivers, I can't forgive you, like I did before."

Who's gonna save u now?, Rina Sawayama.

     Returning to the tomb they resided in, Trixie hummed quietly, her hood up to hide her hair and any remnants of herself

     Returning to the tomb they resided in, Trixie hummed quietly, her hood up to hide her hair and any remnants of herself. Celeste had told the girl to find her if she ever needed her, for anything, no job was too big for her. The blonde had merely laughed and set off through the bustling crowds, blending in as if she was a regular. The bag rest tightly in her grip, mind spinning as she seemed unaware of the footsteps trialing after her, perfectly in time to the beat of her own.

      Passing a shop window, she caught sight of them, noticing their eyes connected for a moment. Trixie kept her head down and continued on the route, turning down an alleyway quickly as she tried to take a shortcut. Turning behind her, she found there to be an empty space, sighing in relief. Picking up the pace, she grabbed ahold of the metal fence before her, hoisting her body up and throwing herself over it. Landing gracefully, she pushed her hood back up and slipped her knife into her sleeve.

     It was then she heard the footsteps again, closing her eyes tightly for a second before she reopened them, dark anger burning in them. Spinning on her heel, she raised her arm and directed an attack to the person behind her but they caught her hand before she could make contact with them. A smirk tugged at their lips as they twisted her arm, evoking a sharp cry from her lips. Snapping out of it, she fought against their hold, her blade cutting against their wrist slightly.

      The unknown person remained unaffected, sending a blow her way. No clear weapon was in their hands, merely using their hands to fight against her. Attack after attack was sent and she dodged, bending her body when they'd grabbed her dropped knife, only slightly missing her throat. Connecting her leg with their chest, she watched as they dropped back slightly, and took great pleasure in the way they coughed from the impact. A grin tugged at her lips as she raised her fists, directing it to their jaw.

A sickening crack followed as their head moved to the side. Trixie took a step back as they collected themselves, it would be foolish to run, she had to fight this and pray her lessons with Inej paid off. Blood dripped down their nose but they paid it no attention, their hands moving to reveal a knife. Panic seeped in as she took a step backwards, her own dagger laying centimetres away on the floor. Eyes darted to it she held herself back before mumbling a quiet 'fuck it' before dropping to the ground, her bloody knees becoming worse as they scraped against the concrete.

Narrowly avoiding the blade, she grasped the dagger and pulled herself off the ground, repeating the same actions they'd been doing prior. A hit and a miss followed by a mere dodge. It was becoming repetitive and Trixie only hoped they'd grow tired and just run away. Except that didn't happen. It was her who was growing tired, her misses moving to misses by slight inches. Her body screamed for rest but she refused to acknowledge it, spinning on the balls of her feet with the dagger raised, aimed high and ready.

Before she could, the attacker's blade sliced against the slither of her skin by her hip and she winced. Looking down, she noticed the angry little wound it had created but she knew she couldn't dwell on it. Fuelled by nothing but anger and spite to stay alive, she twisted the dagger in her hand and attacked again, shocked as it actually worked this time. It was only when she had embedded the dagger into their throat, pulling it quickly back out, did she realise what she'd done.

The knife dug into the flesh, a sickening sound following as and horror quickly spread across her face, splatters attacking her skin. Choking sounds left their lips as they raised their hands, clawing and grasping at the wound in an attempt to stop it. Frozen, she could only watch as they stared at her, their eyes pleading as they fought against the cool touch of the grim reapers welcoming grip. It burned their skin and they didn't want to go but eventually they realised it was futile, so they succumbed to its embrace.

      As their body collapsed to the floor she gasped, noticing a note in their pocket, familiar handwriting scrawled on the paper. Bending down, despite the pain it brought her, she clasped the paper in between her fingertips and read it slowly, her blood running cold as her eyes scanned the words. It was a message, from her mother, to whoever this person had been. Recognition flashed as she looked back at the body, they were an assassin.

      Her mother had paid to have her assassinated.

      Something between a cry and a scoff passed by her lips as she crumbled the paper in between her hands. Deep anger flashed across her eyes as she discovered the severity of the situation. Her own mother had sent assassins after her, the thought made her knees weak. Sure, her mother wasn't the nicest person, but she never expected this behaviour from her.

Was she truly this much of a threat?

Pulling her body off the ground, she looked down at the blood that had begun to spread across her white shirt, painting it a dark crimson. Pulling her coat tightly around her, she shakily raised her bloody hands and pulled up her hood, hiding herself from the world. A hand to the wound, trying to stop as much blood loss as possible, she headed back to her route, her thoughts dizzying as they consumed her entirely, various questions swimming in the never ending pool of torture.

Why has this happened to her, why had her mother of all people been the one behind this attack on her life?

Words~1041.
{edited:no}