Chapter 10

A/N:

I'm sorry for being gone for a long time without any news.

I was busy with school stuff and I also have a writing block on this chapter so I ended up procrastinating it.

So to make it up for my long absence, I made the chapter extra long than usual and hope that it will be able to satiate your needs.

And also, I hope that you guys are enjoying this chapter, the book is nearing the end.

Don't forget to comment and vote and once again, enjoy.

-----

Ayano looked blankly at the ceiling, the light pouring out of the window hurted her eyes a little bit from how bright it was.

There was a dull ticking of a clock echoing in the room which Ayano fully aware wasn't her room. But with the IV drip on her paper-sheet-like arm and the heart monitor beside her, Ayano had an idea where she currently was.

Her eyebrows unconciously scrunched together when she tried to recall what happened, only for her to sigh.

Out of all accident she anticipated, falling down the stair and went unconcious wasn't one of them.

Her cheeks began to colour as she remembered the vital piece of memories before she fainted.

"Senpai was holding me..." She murmured with happiness. A smile split her face in half as she recalled the cries of his senpai begging her to wake up and the warm hands holding her.

"He was worried... Worried for me! He loves me!"

Oh, if falling off the stair was the price for him to love her, she will gladly do it again!

Just as her feelings bloomed, a sudden song interrupted her moments. A familiar ringtone came from the phone on top of desk next to her, one that she had failed to see whilst she observed her room.

She reached out to take her phone, it vibrated in her palm and the screen displayed the caller.

"Mother."

She stiffened. The song continued to play and the word "Mother" kept displaying.

Her thumb hovered on the accepted button. Why does she hesitated? What is this feeling she currently feeling right now? Her stomach is churning uneasily even though she was sure it was empty.

Discarding any useless thought and that nonsense feeling, she accepted the call.

"Hello~ Ayano dear, are you there~?" The sickly sweet voice of her mother came out of the phone.

The phone was not on speaker and only Ayano herself could hear her. Ayano frowned for a second, awfully aware now how ominous it sounded like.

"Yes, mother. I am here." She replied with her unchanging flat tone.

"I see, I see...." An audible hummings from the other side of the phone itched her ears before it stopped. "I heard that you fell down the stairs. You haven't picked up the phone since then. Are you alright?"

"Yes, of course." Replied Ayano.

"That's a good thing to hear. I'm sorry we weren't able to visit you due to work..." A pause, "so, do you mind telling me how did it happened hm~?"

The last part was chilling. Ayano could already see her mother's cold smile and dead eyes. Despite the tinge of sorry was in her voice, Ayano knew her mother better.

She was dissapointed. No doubt because Ayano was being careless and an Aishi is never careless.

"My senpai's brother doesn't like me. He brought my... His childhood friend with him to go against my plan." She accidentally slipped but she continued, "he pushed me and I fell down the stairs and fainted."