CH. 1: Sisters

Me and my sister fight a lot

Me and my sister fight a lot. Annalise, my sister would always start it. But anyways, I went in my room, and I saw my makeup was all over the floor! I assumed that Annalise would've done that. "Annalise! Why would you spill my makeup everywhere?!" I yelled, mad as hell. "I didn't do that!" Annalise yelled, clearly annoyed, "it probably was Maple Pines!"

Maple Pines, was my calico cat, she loved playing with makeup. Especially mine. Annalise was too young for makeup, my mom would say. Annalise is 9, I'm 14. I went downstairs to look for Maple. "Maple! Where are you? Want a treat?" I called out. Maple came in from running outside. Maple couldn't run away. There was a tall fence in our backyard that she couldn't jump over.

There was also a huge pool in our backyard, and a small kiddie pool. But Maple couldn't go in. "Who let Maple outside?" My mom asked, raising one eyebrow. "I didn't, I bet Annalise did." I said, sighing. Annalise came down, raising one eyebrow. "Yeah, I did, she was scratching the door, dummy." Annalise rolled her eyes.

Annalise looked at me, "how come you let Sadie wear makeup? How am I too young mom?" My mom ignored her. "You guys have school! It's not Saturday! Get ready!" Mom yelled. "But it's only 6:30..." Annalise complained. "Wow, you complain too much." I rolled my eyes. "I don't! You complain about Maple too much. Now come on!" Annalise ran up the stairs.

I could tell she wanted to race, this happened every morning. I got on my outfit for the day, thank god we didn't have uniforms, that would've been a problem. But here's my outfit.

Annalise was wearing a cringe My Little Pony shirt

Annalise was wearing a cringe My Little Pony shirt. I wasn't into it, but I used to be. I grabbed my bag filled with my school stuff and laptop. It had a cute frog on a skateboard with a crown on his head. We were off to school on the bus shortly after.

I finally had peace away from my annoying sister, Sadie

I finally had peace away from my annoying sister, Sadie. I was going upstairs to my classroom, with Ms. Smith. The most common last name. "Good morning, Ms. Smith." I greeted. "Hello, Annalise." Greeted Ms. Smith. I sat at my desk and pulled out my book, Smile. My best friend, Raina, took a seat next to me.

"Hi, Raina, good morning." I smiled, waving to Raina. "Hey, Anna." Said Raina, greeting me back. Our only thing to do for morning work, was to read one of your books. "What book is that?" Asked Raina, peering over at the cover. "It's a book called Smile." I explained. "Hey, the author's name is my name!" Raina pointed out.

"Yes, haha. Raina is a common name." I winked, "have you had that time where your sibling is so annoying in the morning?" Raina thought for a moment. "No, my sister July never annoys me." Raina smiled. "Wow, so you must be besties." I pointed out. Raina nodded. "Girls, please don't talk, read your book." Ms. Smith complained.

Raina nervously smiled. "Uhh, Ms. Smith? I forgot my book..." Raina sighed, looking around. "Then get a book from the bins." Raina sighed, Ms. Smith hated Raina. Raina was such a good student, but Ms. Smith didn't think so. I sighed. "Sorry, Ms. Smith. I forgot." Raina said to Ms. Smith. "Okay, you must have amnesia." Ms. Smith laughed, Raina sniffled.

Ms. Smith was so arrogant to everybody! I wish I had a teacher like Sadie's English teacher.

 Smith was so arrogant to everybody! I wish I had a teacher like Sadie's English teacher

My English teacher, Mrs. Alawell, was waiting at the door of her classroom. "What class do you have first?" Asked my friend, Amara. "English!" I cheered, looking at my paper of classes. "Lucky... I have PE with Mr. Shock!" Amara complained. Amara thought Mr. Shock was "strict." I thought he was the funnest PE teacher I had for PE!

"Really? Mr. Shock is so fun!" I persuaded. "I don't think so, anyway, I have to go. I'll meet you back up after class." Amara said, "cya!" We both said cya before we went to our class. Mrs. Alawell greeted me with a high five. "Mornin'!" Cheered Mrs. Alawell. "Good morning." I smiled, walking in after high fiving Mrs. Alawell.

I sat next to a girl in my class named Lilly. Her real name was Lilliana, but we all called her Lilly. Lilly was really popular and lived in a mansion with her 3 sisters and her mom and dad. Lilly had the life. But Mrs. Alawell taught us, rich people aren't always happy, so I also assumed Lilly's life was bad.

I began taking notes before our exam today, because it was important to review your notes and study them before exams. Lilly never did that, she was the next Albert Einstein. Mrs. Alawell walked in. "Mornin' class! After we practice for our exam today, we gon' play heads up seven up!" Mrs. Alawell cheered.

Everybody started yelling with joy, that Ms. Valley, the math teacher was distracted, that she even came in the classroom. "Mrs. Alawell!" Ms. Valley yelled, "tell your students to keep it down." Ms. Valley slammed the door. "Everyone, calm down. We don't wanna distract other students learning in the school. Your not alone, y'know?" Mrs. Alawell explained.

"You do have a point," a boy named Brian said, shrugging. "I don't think so." Lilly stared at Brian. We got paired up with partners and began practicing. After we went over it, I'm too lazy to explain it so I don't bore you, we played heads up seven up. I was chosen to put down the thumbs, along with Lilly, Ginger, Genevieve, and Bea. 5 girls!

"Heads down, thumbs up!" Mrs. Alawell smiled. I put down Miley's thumb. Lilly put down Riley's, Ginger put down her best friend, Sean's thumb, Genevieve put down Sebastian's, and lastly, Bea put down Holly's. "Alright, stand up if you were picked!"

* after school *

Me and Annalise rode the same bus, no matter if she was in elementary. It was mixed. Her school and my school rode the same bus. We sat next to each other. "Hey Albert Einstein, how was your 'exam?'" Annalise asked, looking at me. "Ehh, it was easy. We played Heads up Seven Up." I winked at Annalise.

"This is why Mrs. Alawell should be my teacher! Not dumb Ms. Smith." Annalise groaned, looking out the window, "do you get that eerie feeling that something happened to someone you love?" Annalise asked, looking back at me. "Yes actually... your not alone." I said to Annalise in a whisper voice, "nobody's alone, the population is 8 billion."

Annalise nodded. "True." Annalise said, thinking for a moment. "I actually feel that way right now." I looked at Annalise, concerned. "That you feel alone?" I questioned her. She didn't answer for 2 minutes. "Uhh... no. The feeling that something happened to someone I love." Annalise looked at me. We both looked at each other.

I was concerned. "Why do you feel like that?" I asked. But Annalise didn't answer me for the rest of the ride home. I feel like something has connected me and Annalise. Something made us argue. But what was it?

Cliffhanger!

Words: 1208