CH. 10: Car Crash

I woke up, I couldn't stop thinking about my secret date I went with Brian

I woke up, I couldn't stop thinking about my secret date I went with Brian. "Get up," dad grumbles. "We're going to see your grandparents." I cheer. "Yay! Gran and Grandad!" Annalise calls Gran, "Granmommy" and Grandad, "Grandaddy." It's a kid thing.

The thing is, I'm nervous to go because a bunch of car crashes have been reported near Gran and Grandad's area. Especially our area! I tremble. But then I clear my mind and stumble out of bed. I see Annalise digging in on waffles, I had pancakes sitting there.

"I thought I'd get waffles?" I ask dad, he sighs. "No, no waffles, especially since you went on a secret date!" He screams, "no playing games at Gran's, no talking, especially, no laughing!" Why did my dad have to be like this? Why did my dad have to be so strict?

Why couldn't I be a foster? I'd think angrily. I slowly eat my food, while Annalise looked sad for me. "Sorry," she mutters. She takes off a small piece and puts it on my plate. I smile, as in saying, "thank you." Because if I would've said it, Anna and I would both get in trouble by dad.

On the way to Gran and Grandad's

I'm sitting in the car while I'm reading, The Escape Room. Annalise is playing Roblox Adopt Me on her iPad, one of my "used-to-be-my-favorite-game." She equips a frost dragon while I'm trying to focus on The Escape Room. I'm almost finished the book, then, I'd start reading Family of Liars.

When I turned around to see a car driving weird, it's getting closer to our car. I scream. "Dad! Stop! There's someone about to crash to our car!" I shriek. Then, we crash. Our car explodes and the car collide. I see blood all over me. Don't cry, don't cry! Mom is here for us, she'll protect us. I think, trying to stay calm.

I quickly grab my phone and call 911.

A few hours later

Annalise is crying a lot because dad was sent to the hospital. Although, he hates me, I still love him. I don't want to be a foster anymore! I thought, rethinking my past mind. A doctor comes out with a frown on his face. "He didn't make it." He sadly announced.

A police officer comes out with a stoned look on his face. "Since your father passed away, you girls will be put in foster care," the officer said. "You'll go to the same school, but you'll go to Sweet Heaven Foster Care." Annalise gasps. "But what about our house?" She asks.

"We can't live there anymore!" I yelp. The police officer leads us to his car and we are driving to Sweet Heaven Foster Care...