Chapter 53

Robert reached into his pocket, knelt down and withdrew a small box containing a ring.

Robert: Andy, will you marry me?

Andy grabbed him by the arm and, very excited, began to scream.

Andy: Yes. Yes. Yes. That's all I want the most too. I would say yes to you anywhere, anytime, situation. But I confess that I can't help but get excited about this beautiful request. You are perfect and you always go the extra mile in demonstrating how special and unique what we have is. I love you Robert. I love you so much and I want to love you forever.

She hugged him again and gave him several kisses. Robert then took her hand and put the ring on her finger.

Andy: It's beautiful. Thank you my love.

Robert kissed Andy's hand with the ring and then brought her face closer to his. They stayed for a while between kisses and contemplating the exchange of passionate glances. The night was perfect. The starry sky made everything look even more beautiful. And for an instant, they didn't have to say anything. Just look at each other and record in memory that moment that would be one of the most important of their lives.

After a few minutes, Andy saw something she hadn't noticed when she arrived. On the small porch of the chalet there was a table prepared for dinner whose decoration matched the romantic mood that Robert had prepared with red roses and daisies. There was also a sleeping mat decorated with heart-shaped pillows and a blanket so they could spend part of the night looking up at the stars, as he knew Andy did.

Andy: Wow!!! And this table? This decoration... Everything is so beautiful around here that it seems like a dream.

Robert: We deserve an unforgettable and beautiful night for one of the most important days of our lives.

Andy: Have I told you I love you today?

Robert: You did, but I don't mind hearing how many more times you say it.

Andy: I love you.

Robert: I love you and I promise to love you all the days of our lives.

He kissed her again and then realizing that she was already hungry, he said:

Robert: I think I need to go to the kitchen or we won't have food today. I'm going to finish our dinner.

Andy: I'll help you.

They entered the chalet to finish dinner and then they went outside again to have their meal. Everything Robert prepared was delicious. For starters, he served some cold appetizers in addition to Bruschetta Caprese. Then the main course was salmon with caper sauce and for dessert there was chocolate mousse with red fruits.

Andy: I swear I try to find your fault, but I can't. Besides being a handsome, sexy, romantic, caring, extremely protective guy and one of the best firefighters I know, did you still have to be such a wonderful cook? With so many qualities, I would have to be pretty crazy to turn down your marriage proposal.

Robert: I'm glad you're enjoying it. I like to cook. I needed to learn when I started living alone and found it to be a good distraction.

Andy: It's all delicious. I still don't have enough words to thank you for this beautiful night.

As soon as they finished eating, they washed the dishes and then Robert took Andy's hand and proposed:

Robert: Will you dance with me tonight?

Andy: This is an undeniable request.

Robert asked Andy to choose some salsa music and they soon started dancing.