Chapter 72

Author's Note: We apologize for the delay in posting the chapter. We are both in moments where real life needed more attention than our dear Fanfic. We hope you like this chapter.

When Andy saw Pruit coming out of the arrivals gate, she ran to him and hugged him. She never thought she would have this attitude, but that's how she acted. She didn't know if that hug was just longing or gratitude for all the effort he had put into raising her alone. The fact is that, despite being hurt by having had a life of lies, she recognized how much he tried to offer her what he thought was the best in the face of her mother's absence.

Pruit was moved by the receptivity. As much fun as she had on the trip, he missed his daughter. He didn't imagine what had happened in his absence, so he didn't understand the real reason Andy had acted like that.

Pruit: Hey hija! How good to see you again.

Andy: I missed you.

Pruit: I'm getting it.

He said laughing, because his daughter was still hugging him.

Pruit: And Robert? Where is my favorite son-in-law?

Andy: He's working. He wanted to come with me, but I didn't think it was necessary for him to miss work because of that.

Pruit: And you? Is today your free day?

Andy: No. Jack is in my place for today.

Pruit: Oh yeah. So let's go home. I'm tired and want to wear comfortable clothes.

They proceeded to Pruit's house. All the way, Pruit told about his trip. He was very happy and Andy felt terrible knowing that at some point she would have to disturb his joy to tell him about Elena.

When they got home, Pruit opened the bag of gifts and handed Andy what he had bought for her, as well as some gifts her aunts and uncles had sent from Puerto Rico. She loved everything she got and was really enjoying knowing the stories that her father told her.

While Pruit rested, Andy made lunch for the two of them. They had lunch together and at no time did Andy feel ready to talk to him. She wondered if it would be fair to wait a few days, but on the other hand, she was already distressed by having this information stored away for so long. She was also afraid that her father would look for Elena and that he would find out the truth from her first. She was indecisive and her mind wasn't focused on what Pruit was telling her.

Pruit: Andrea, did you hear what I said?

Andy: Oh! Sorry. I was thoughtful. But what did you say?

Pruit: I said I want to go to the station. I want to take the team gifts.

Andy: Okay. We can go after I wash the dishes from lunch.

Pruit: Could you probe with your husband if he will also be at the station. I don't want to risk leaving him without his gift while everyone else is getting it.

Andy: I'll call him.

Andy collected the dishes and went into the kitchen to wash them. Meanwhile, Pruit went to his room to change clothes and organize the objects in his bags, separating what was present, what was to be kept and which clothes should go to the laundry.

When Andy finished doing the dishes, she called Robert. He was in a meeting, but he became concerned when he saw that Andy was trying to communicate. He figured she might have revealed everything to Pruit and needed to vent her feelings to her husband. Then Robert excused himself and left the conference room. He answered the call a little distressed.