𝟏𝟖

Part. 1

-

I was met by seven grinning pale faces as I open the door, I grin back nervously and welcomed them in.

"Mr and Mrs Cullen, welcome to our home!" My mother says excitedly, leaning to Esme and pecking both her cheeks, turning and doing the same to Carlisle, I could tell they were both slightly taken aback by this Hispanic custom, but did well hiding it.

I glance at Jasper and he gave me a reassuring look, I could feel his effects on me, calming my nerves.

"Ah! And you must be Alice, the one I always hear Kara gossiping to on the phone." She says, and Alice smiles sheepishly, if she wasn't a vampire, her face would be crimson red.

"We are very honored to be welcomed into your home Mr and Mrs Laurent." Carlisle is the first of the family to speak. My mother nods,

"I'm more than thankful you all came, this is the first time my Rosabella has ever really settle for a boy seriously, you've must have raised him very well." She replies and they nod.

"These are our other three children, Edward, Emmett and Rosalie" Esme says and Emmett shakes my mothers hand. As they continued conversing my father walks up to me and Jasper as we held hands.

"What's your name boy?" My father said sternly, his southern accent coming out, Jasper's back instantly straightens. "Jasper Whitlock Hale sir, a pleasure to meet you." He replies, reaching his pale hand out towards my father.

I look at my dad nervously, as he analyzed Jasper, seeing if he would shudder, his eyes squinted at Jasper suspiciously, before finally breaking out into a playful smile, taking his hand and giving it a stern shake. Jasper let out an unnecessary sigh of relief and chuckles back,

"it's a pleasure to meet you son, we've heard nothing but great things." Dad said, giving Jasper a pat on his shoulder. Jasper nods "the pleasure is all mine, I'm thankful you've welcome me and my family so graciously." He says and my parents chuckle.

"Why of course we would, I've heard nothing but good things about your family since moving back here!" My mother said excitedly then turns to Rosalie and Alice "and Dios! what beautiful daughters you have Mr and Mrs Cullen, they truly look fabulous!" She says and both girls gave her a bright smile.

"Wow Kara definitely gets her attitude from you, thank you Mrs Laurent." Rosalie says and my mother chuckles once again.

Ambrose then comes down the stairs, everyone turning to look at him, he gave them an awkward wave.

"Oh! This is my brother Ambrose, you guys haven't officially met him before." I said, signaling him to come closer. Ambrose shakes their hands and they introduce themselves to him.

"Yeah I know who you guys are, not to be rude but everyone in school says weird stuff about y'all." Ambrose blurts, making us give him a stern glare and my mother smacks the back of his head.

"Ya! Deja de hacernos pasar vergüenza enfrente de esta gente! Van a creer que somos imprudente" she scolds in her native tongue. But what we didn't expect... is that they all knew Spanish, especially Edward.

"Esta bien señora Laurent, sabemos todo lo que dicen de nosotros." Edward says, widening me and my families eyes. My mothers mouth start to widen to a shocked smile.

"Wow! I didn't know you speak Spanish, and you speak it so well!" She says, Edward grins and nods his head.

"Edward was actually born in Spain, we adopted him from there." Carlisle explains and my parents nod understandingly.

"Alright, are y'all done cause a girl is starving here." Vera spits out making them giggle and my mother glare at her, making her look away in avoidance.

"Excuse me but, God! I've been dying to taste whatever smells so amazing in here!" Emmett exclaims, not knowing how deeply that flattered my mother.

She pulls Emmett down to sit at the table and starts serving him food, "please sit down everyone." My father says, signaling everyone towards the large table adorned with traditional Dominican dishes.

My mother sat at the very end and watched as everyone ate, not knowing I was watching her. I look at Jasper as he engulfed the food piled on his plate. "Ma'am this has to be the best meal I've ever tasted." He compliments, his southern twang coming out. My mother chuckles and waves him off. "Child, go on and eat!" She says excitedly.

As everyone ate, Esme and my mother started bonding over... plates? "Oh my Mrs Laurent, These dishes are absolutely beautiful, where are they from?" Esme asks, admiring the porcelain plates that had hand-painted red roses on them.

My mother gasps in amazement, making my father give me and my siblings a look, "god, here it comes...and just as we were beginning to eat." He says under his breath, but my mother still heard him and glared, making us laugh and the other boys, including Carlisle nod in agreement.

"Trust me, I know your pain, she goes on for hours about her collection." Carlisle whispers the last part while secretly pointing to Esme. Which in reality was just for show, as Esme could clearly see and hear him. 

"I've been dying to show my collection off to someone, it's incredible to know you share the same interest as me!" Esme says ecstatically, taking my mothers hand in her cold one. My mother noticed this but weirdly didn't mind it, i turn and lock eyes with Alice, knowing she noticed it too.

Carlisle nudges her and she quickly let go, but it was to no avail because my mother retook her hand and smiled warmly. " oh you must see my collection after dinner-

They're voices drowned out as I turn to look at Jasper who sat next to me, he smiled brightly as he talked with my father, they both shared their love for baseball and the different teams they supported.

I knew Jasper could feel me staring at him with my heart beating at a hundred miles per minute, but I chose to continue, as he took my hand under the table and gave it a gentle squeeze.

I felt someone nudge my side, I turn and see Ambrose giving me a small grin, "I like them, they've changed you for the better." He whispers to me, unaware that they all could hear him, but choose to remain unfazed.

My eyes glimmer and I ruffle his curly hair with my hand, "thank you baby bro, I love you." I whisper back, and he rolls his eyes playfully.

-

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬★~(◠‿◕✿)

I'm soooo terribly sorry this took so damn long to post, I've been so so so so busy with my personal life and truly just haven't had time, I hope you can understand and continue supporting me because I truly love writing and especially writing for others to read and enjoy. 

Anyways... I'll be dividing this section of the book in different parts that's why this one is so short. Stay tuned and love y'all

thank you so much, I love yalll🤍🤍🤍. Anywho bye!! - 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 ♥

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭- 1206