chapter nineteen

June 9, 2000 (Thursday)

         The weather was getting hotter quickly, making for extensive heat waves. Today it was hot. I set up a lounge chair in the backyard, at the edge of the pathed patio area. I had on a bikini top and bottoms with my hair pulled up into a messy bun on the top of my head. I had a thin coat of sweat on my whole body, reflecting more sun. If I burn out here, I can't even be mad.

         All I can hear is the soft chirping of birds. "Hey, babe?" Theo's loud voice broke the silence.

Well that was all I could hear before he interrupted.

        I opened my eyes and squinted, trying to adjust to the bright light. "What?" I asked, blinking to focus on him standing in front of me. Theo took a few more steps and everything dimmed, him casting a perfect shadow over my whole body. I put my hand up to my eyes and looked at him.

Why'd he have to do that?

        "What happened when you guys met with Blaise and Laney?" Theo has a copy of the Daily Prophet in his hands, bunched up at his side. "Laney was being a bitch the whole time. Mattheo thinks it's because we hurt her so she wants to hurt us. Blaise talked to us a lot though so that was nice... I already told you all this."

          "Why'd you guys walk out early then?" Theo asked, studying my face. "We- Wait, how did you know we left early? I never said anything about that." I asked. I never told Theo that Mattheo and I left before them. Or that it didn't just end when I got home. How did he know?

         "Well... everyone knows." Theo said simply, handing the wrinkled paper to me. I took it and turned it over, seeing the front page.

          Long lost friends, back again for a meet up? Seems like all the pieces of the formally well known Hogwarts' Slytherin friend group have been reunited after two years. Turn to page three for more details of Tuesday's event!

         There was a huge photo of the four of us at our table taking up most of the page. Laney looked pissed, leaned back in her chair and glaring in my direction. Mattheo was talking, his hands flailing in the air to express himself. I leaned towards the table, looking annoyed and looking towards Blaise. Blaise looked invested in whatever Mattheo was saying, not even a hint of frustration on his face.

         "No fucking way they followed us there." I commented, flipping quickly to page three. How did we not even see the reporters? How'd they know we'd even be there?

        There were two more pictures on this page, taking up only half the page. The first was of me standing at the table, pointing towards Laney. I looked angry and was mid yelling. Everyone else was sitting still. Blaise looked guilty, or maybe embarrassed, watching me. Laney had a slight smirk on her face, staring directly back at me. Mattheo was looking across the table to Laney, his hand on his temple. I look like an insane bitch.

          The last photo was of Mattheo and I standing near the front of the restaurant. Mattheo was holding my arm and was talking, looking concerned and serious. I looked flustered and annoyed still but I was clearly listening to my brother.

         This past Tuesday night, Rylin Riddle, Mattheo Riddle, Blaise Zabini, and Laney Luckmore were spotted at the Three Broomsticks restaurant in Hogsmeade, Scotland. This is the first time we've seen Zabini and Luckmore in a public setting with either of the Riddle twins. From what we've previously understood, Luckmore and Zabini cut ties with the entirety of their Slytherin friend group in 1998 after the war at Hogwarts.

         This couple was the only two in the friend group, (involving Draco Malfoy, Lorenzo Berkshire, Theodore Nott, Mattheo Riddle, Rylin Riddle, Blaise Zabini, Laney Luckmore, and earlier on Pansy Parkinson), that was not a part of the death eaters. Ever since all three Riddle siblings made their first appearance at Nott's trial in March of this year, more of the former friend group have been spotted together. With the last pieces of the group being seen with R. Riddle and M. Riddle, we wonder if they're making some sort of reconcile.

         Lorenzo Berkshire is thought to have been connected to the Riddle siblings since the war, seen traveling to and from France quite a few times over the years. He's been seen with his own family in France and possibly has interacted with Bellsy Gaunt, R. Riddle's former caregiver as well.

         Before R. Riddle, transferred to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1996, she attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, a partner school of Durmstrang Institute for Magical Learning. Throughout this time period, R. Riddle lived with her cousin, Bellsy Gaunt. From what we've discovered, it seems as though R. Riddle and Berkshire had dated and been closely involved the entirety of that time frame, as Gaunt was extremely close to the Berkshire family. This had ended around the time R. Riddle transferred to Hogwarts, later leading to her getting involved with Nott. Later that school year, Berkshire also transferred to Hogwarts, reconnecting the former couple.

          Draco Malfoy is thought to have only been in contact with the Riddle siblings a few months, possibly only a few days, before Nott's trial. We've grown to assume that Malfoy and R. Riddle have been the closest of all the friends since the war.

           The meet up between these four seemed to be tense, with Luckmore looking to have caused many conflicts throughout the duration of the night. After about two hours, R. Riddle looked to have had enough, standing up and lashing out against Luckmore. Both Zabini and M. Riddle looked to have been uninvolved in the argument. After the lash out, R. Riddle got up from the table and walked off with her brother, only to stop in the middle of the restaurant. M. Riddle attempted to calm her but we are not sure to what extent. The twins left after a few minutes, most likely heading home to the new Riddle Manor.

         "How? How did we not notice a group of reporters watching our every move?" I said, waving the paper in the air. "They could have been undercover or off duty. What happened back there, Ry?"

          I don't want to tell Theo I lashed out because of Laney making comments about me cheating on Theo. Much less that she claimed Theo has always been jealous of Draco of all people. That will just end in complete disaster.

           "Laney kept making comments about us lying about the death eater stuff. She said I destroyed your friend group when I came to Hogwarts and that I fucked it all up. I got pissed about how daft she was and couldn't take it anymore." I mean I didn't lie. That did happen technically.

          "Why didn't you tell me the other night? I wouldn't have cared if you said you got mad and decided to leave." Theo declared. "Because she was saying shit that wasn't true and I was so upset with how it all went down. I shouldn't have walked out like I did."

          "You didn't ruin our friend group by the way. Thank Merlin you actually liked your siblings and wanted to join because otherwise, we wouldn't be here." I smiled and thought about it.

          If Mattheo hadn't had the friend group he had, I might never have dated Theo. I could be in a totally different place in life if it wasn't for them. But if I hadn't joined the friend group, maybe they all would've been able to still be close today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
This was an extra small chapter because I need to save  space for the next one. The next one is HUGE for the story and super crazy. Like dramatic, heartbreaking, terrifying, exciting. Jk it's not that serious but it's important to the plot so whoop whoop!

So buckle up and get ready for a rollercoaster-
Enjoy !!!