Stupid Mini Songfic - Soldier Poet King

"THERE WILL COME A SOLDIER"

Warriors scraped one steel gauntlet along the edge of his shield, testing it. He didn't want to be on the losing side of any fight, even with his brothers by his side. He was a Captain, and he knew the importance of keeping your gear in good condition, especially after seeing Wild's attempt at weapon maintenance. Pathetic. 

"WHO CARRIES A MIGHTY SWORD"

He stood, metal grating against metal as he moved to join Time and Twilight by the fire, watching Wild prepare their hard-earned food. Whatever it was, it smelt divine. Small things like food always made Wars happy for reasons he couldn't explain, made him feel like he was floating, but in a good way.

"HE WILL TEAR YOUR CITY DOWN"

Looking back on the day, he probably shouldn't have prodded Legend as much about his adventures while they were walking. It was an old habit of his, an unfortunate one, but a habit still. It made the Veteran prickly and unpleasant, souring his mood past any ordinary level. And when he was feeling prickly, Legend definitely let everyone know about it.

"OH LEI OH LAE OH LORD"

Warriors sighed unhappily as he watched him stalk up to Sky, hissing some well-picked words of hatred in the Chosen Hero's ear. Sky turned to Legend, a shocked expression lacing his rounded, innocent face as the offended teen span on the worn-out heel of his Pegasus Boots and skulk off to ruin another hero's day.

"OH LEI OH LAE OH LEI OH LORD"

Wind came running over, with Four and Hyrule close on his heels. The fire was a safe place for them all, away from Legend's terrifyingly bad mood. The Sailor threw himself at Warriors and curled up in the older hero's pretty blue scarf, enjoying the cosiness of the soft fabric on his chilled skin. Warriors laid an arm on Wind's shoulders, smiling to himself softly as he did so, and as Hyrule curled against his side, he put his other hand on 'Rule's back.

"HE WILL TEAR YOUR CITY DOWN"

Looking left and right, seeing all the younger heroes come to find him, Warriors decided now was probably not the time to go and apologise to Legend. It wasn't that he didn't like the Veteran, no, not at all. It was just... He really couldn't move with Wind and Hyrule tangled in his scarf and Four on his lap.

"OH LEI OH LAE OH LORD"

Sky had fallen into a deep sleep, troubles shining to the surface like star beams as the Chosen Hero slept. Whatever Legend had said to him clearly had a harsh effect on him. Warriors felt terrible for sticking his perfect nose where it obviously wasn't wanted and almost severing the thin balance of his and the Veteran's usual friendly bantering.

~~•perspective change•~~

"THERE WILL COME A POET"