Vio

{From Hyrule's POV}

I had noticed Four's acting weird for a while now. Up until a few weeks back, he's been sarcastic, and very fond of stealing, pranking and using his child-size to feign innocence, which was all pretty normal. But, a couple weeks back he just stopped being fun. He became cold and snappy and he started to read more, even though he claimed he was illiterate like so many of us, myself included. He used to be my best friend among the Links, but his recent shift in temperament was wearing us all thin. Especially Four himself. He'd dropped weight, now looking more skeletal than ever, even skinnier than Wild, and his hair was matted and knotted around twigs. 

He's spent the last few evenings buried in books, more specifically magic books. Dark magic books. I don't even know where he got them, but the most drastic change? His eyes. They used to be a pretty, sparkling green colour that matched part of his tunic, but all of a sudden they just changed to be deep, mournful purple. Every time he's spoken to, all he ever says is no. Wild asked him what he should make for dinner, and he just said no. Wild, being the character he is, made a weird kind of pie shaped like the word no. Four failed to see the funny side, and we all ended up sitting in silence while he read. Legend snapped at him the other day, and we literally had to drag them away from each other to stop a full blown magic war between them. Lege has been pretty quiet since.

Four stood up, putting his prized dark magic tome under one skinny arm as he hauled himself and the book to his feet. "I've got it." Time started, this was the most we'd heard out of him in months! "I'm going to bring you back. If I die in the process, well, you'd better stick by me." He began to walk across to the nearest log, occasionally glancing mournfully at the ground behind him. Of course, Four had no shadow! Ne never had done, ever since we'd met him, but it hadn't ever bothered me. After all, we all had met Shadow or Dark Link at some point. Four shook for a second, placing the tome down on the log, turning to face us with emotion painting his haggard face. "Oh wow! So this is what it's like to be in control!" I looked at his eyes, expecting the purple, but instead they were red, bright, vibrant, happy red. Not evil red, happy red! "Woah!! So you're the Chain! I've heard so much from Green 'bout you! Nice to meet y'all properly!" Legend tentatively stepped up to shake Four's hand, a quick burst of magic telling me he was checking Four to see if he was lying. "Wow, oh, wow!! This is AMAZING!!" He exclaimed, sprinting around, checking out the woods like he was seeing it for the first time. And meanwhile, we all just stood there, staring at him, because this wasn't like either of the types of Four we'd seen so far.  

UNFINISHED