𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

"This is my brother. The one I told you about."

"I thought you said you didn't know where he was?"

"I lied."

Y/n, Nezuko, and Uta all sat together, Yuichiro lounging with his head on his Aunt's lap while the woman pat his head.

Nezuko gave y/n a blank look, "But... why?"

Y/n shrugged, "I didn't know if I could trust you or not. So I decided to lie about it. I don't expect you to forgive me for it, but I do expect you not to tell a soul about Yuichiro."

"Oh no, don't worry about it! Actually..." Nezuko rubbed the back of her neck, "My brother was turned into a demon as well. My older brother. The only reason I became a demon slayer was to find a cure. Which... is why I'm actually grateful you brought me here. I can freely talk about him without worrying about crows listening in."

Y/n blinked, "Is that so..." she let out a heavy sigh, her brother perking up and shuffling over to her instead. He grabbed her hand and rested it on his head with a fitful hmph, clearly seeking affection.

Y/n obliged, a small smile gracing her features.

"I'm glad I was able to help. But, now that you know about my brother, I'll have to keep a closer eye on you." y/n pointed out.

Nezuko beamed, "That's perfectly fine with me! I like being around you, y/n-chan! I hope you'll eventually come to trust me so we can be great friends!"

Y/n's cheeks burned up with embarrassment while Yuichiro regarded Nezuko for a long moment and nodded with a pleased little hum.

"Well would you look at that! My cute little niece and nephew really seem to like you!" Uta chirped, earning an embarrassed glare from y/n, "It's not every day they warm up to someone so quickly!"

"I'm leaving." y/n grumbled.

"Aw~ n/n is embarrassed!" Uta cooed while y/n retreated, Yuichiro waving goodbye to Nezuko before hurrying after her.

Uta glanced at Nezuko and mouthed a, thank you.

Nezuko nodded with a little smile.

Over the course of the next few days, Nezuko would insist on sticking by y/n's side much to the older girl's puzzlement.

They did chores together, trained together *more like Nezuko rested and chatted y/n's ears off while she trained*, ate together, and gave Yuichiro tons of affection.

It wasn't until the end of their second week there that y/n's Uncle returned while they were outside.

"So you're against the Demon Slayer Corps...?"

"Well, not really, I just want a cure to turn demons back into humans, and to take down Kibutsuji Muzan!" Nezuko replied in a hushed voice with a determined look.

Y/n regarded the girl for a long moment, then gave her a thumbs up with that neutral expression of hers, "Sounds great, I'll help you. The Hashira won't make it easy, so I'll be sure to kill them all for you."

Nezuko paled, "O-Oh... thank you..."

The two were completely unaware as someone approached them, too busy chatting to notice.

"You said you met the Upper Moons, right? Did you maybe see a demon with crazy looking eyes and short white hair? He wears a white haori and keeps his chest out... he's got a ton of scars too."

"Oh yeah! He cut my brother up! I don't like him!"

"Huh..."

Both y/n and Nezuko tensed when someone crouched beside them with a, "Who cut who up?"