𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Nezuko waited anxiously in the hallway of the clinic, pacing back and forth with a worried expression.

Her and Rui were ordered to head out on another mission, but Aizetsu wanted to check on Rui's condition one more time before sending him out again.

It was a long moment before Urogi popped open the door to peek out and give Nezuko a little grin.

"Alrighty, Kamado-chan! You and Ayaki-kun are good to go!" he declared with a thumbs up and Nezuko's eyes lit up.

"R-Really? He's feeling better?"

"Mhm! Better than he was before, too!"

Rui had been really working hard with recovery training, Nezuko had to admit. He made sure to eat well, get plenty of rest, take his medicine, and work hard during training without overexerting himself.

'It seems like all his hard work has paid off!' Nezuko thought with delight, as Urogi invited her into the room sos he could chat with the younger boy.

Rui was seated on a little stool in front of Aizetsu who was diligently giving him instructions on something regarding his illness while the boy listened attentively.

As soon as he caught sight of Nezuko, he beamed.
"Nezuko-san! Did you hear?"

"Mhm! Mhm! Congratulations!" Nezuko exclaimed, patting the proud boy on the head, "I'm really glad you're feeling better again!"

"He still needs to be careful." Aizetsu reminded the two of them before glancing at Rui, "Remember, Ayaki-kun, you have to continue consistently taking your medicine and giving your body proper rest. No overdoing it."

Rui nodded, "Understood, Aizetsu-san!"

Before the conversation could continue, there was a tap on the window and all eyes turned. There, patiently waiting outside, was a crow. This one was different from others, however, as it peered silently at them with unblinking pink eyes.

Urogi was the one to slide open the window so the crow could enter, "Nakime-san? What brings you here?"

'Nakime-san...?' Nezuko wondered with a tilt of her head, 'Is this maybe Kibutsuji's crow? Rui-kun,
Urogi-san and Aizetsu-san seem to be very wary of it.'

"Have Kamado Nezuko and Ayaki Rui fully recovered from their injuries?" the crow inquired and Nezuko's eyes widened a bit.

'Woah! It sounds more like a human than a crow!'

Aizetsu nodded, "They have. I hope Muzan-sama doesn't intend to send them out on another mission so soon. I'd like for them to rest a little longer before—"

"Muzan-sama has ordered that they report to the Mugen Train immediately." the pink eyed crow interrupted, "There has been a report of one of the Nine Kizuki being there."

"Why not send a Hashira to handle that? It seems very dangerous to send these two off to fight a Kizuki right after recovering." Aizetsu said with a frown.

"A high-ranking demon slayer, and the newly appointed Hashira, are both present. Ayaki and Kamado are to report there as well to provide support." the crow explained, "We have reason to believe that there will be other demons accompanying the Kizuki."

'Newly appointed Hashira...?' Nezuko thought before her eyes lit upc 'Oh! That must be y/n! Is she alright?'

"I must refuse."

"If you refuse, you are defying Muzan-sama's order."

Aizetsu's expression was neutral and rather gloomy as usual, but Nezuko could see how his nails were digging into his palms.