I wasn't staring.

It's summer once again. But this time, it's Lisa's last summer before she has to leave for college.

Lisa knows damn well she has to enjoy this one to the fullest, and there was no way she could do that without her best friend by her side, so she asked the girl to come spend a month with her at her favorite aunt's house. Rosie accepted the offer and now they're here, sitting on the porch while they watch Lisa's cousin chase after her cat. It's quite a view, Lisa has to admit.

"Ella!" Lisa screams when the girl manages to jump over the fence, "You're going to end up hurting yourself like this!"

"Rosie unnie will take care of me if I do!" Ella shouts back when she finally grabs her cat. "Right, unnie?"

Rosie gives the girl a thumbs up, a huge smile plastered on her face. Lisa rolls her eyes at the scene.

"She's adorable," Rosie says, moving to be able to place her head over Lisa's legs. "Unlike you."

Lisa gasps, covering her mouth as she feigns offense. "You're hurting my feelings, Park Roseanne."

Rosie closes her eyes and stifles a laugh. "You'll survive."

Lisa wants to flick her forehead for being rude, but Rosie looks so adorable with her hair all over her legs and sunkissed cheeks that she decides to stop and stare instead. Rosie always looks stunning, that's common knowledge, but it's different when she's like this— eyes shut, basking in natural light, becoming one with the summer sun.

Lisa is so distracted by the breathtaking view on her lap that it takes her by surprise when Rosie, without opening her eyes, reaches for her wrist and places her hand on the top of her head, grinning softly before she says, "I know you're staring. At least give me some affection while you're at it."

"I wasn't staring," Lisa whines, but her fingers eventually start working on Rosie's hair, caressing her scalp with the tip of her nails and giggling whenever the girl shudders from the touch.

"She totally was." Ella announces as she passes through the porch, flashing Lisa a devilish smirk before she quickly disappears into the house, afraid that her cousin might get up and chase after her with a rock for the teasing remark.

Rosie cracks one eye open, her grin becoming anything but soft, and Lisa nearly chokes on her own saliva. "It's okay to stare, Lisa. I know I'm gorgeous."

Lisa can feel her palms starting to sweat from the attention, so instead of standing up for herself she simply says, "Shut up, or else I'll cut your hair while you're asleep."

It's Rosie's turn to gasp this time, ten times more dramatic and comical than Lisa could ever be. Where is this girl's Oscar? "You wouldn't."

"I totally would. Then I'd sell this healthy hair of yours for a good amount of money."

Rosie pouts, eyes fluttering closed again. "You're mean."

"You're meaner."

"No, you are."

"You!"

"You, Lalisa Manoban!"

"Zip your mouth or I'll go get the scissors."

"Geez. Fine."