-Chapter 1-

Adobis POV

Alphas are in charge and Omegas are treated as slaves. But Betas... fall under two divisions What division you are in decides how you are treated. If you are a submissive Beta then you are mostly a slave whether it be labor or other work. If you are dominant, however, you get to be a warrior. Unless you are born into a high-class family.

Luckily, I was born into a high-class family. Unluckily for me, I am a submissive beta, which is not good.

When you are three or four you find out which second gender you are. My parents were hoping for an alpha like everyone else is hoping for. However, when they found out what I was.....they were not happy.

As I grew up they liked me less and less. My mother started ignoring me at all costs. My father at first ignored me but as I got older..things started getting physical.

Growing up I didn't have many friends either. One because I was a submissive and two because I was the Beta's son. Most people just didn't want anything to do with me so I don't have anyone to call a friend.

My parents act like "normal" parents when we are around other people but not when we are at home. Dad also forces me to train like him because he says "Even if you are a fucking submissive, I don't want you to act like one of those whores," Though I don't like being called a whore you get used to it after a while.

Another thing Dad makes me do is to sit through his meetings, which are boring as fuck. The meeting we are in right now is talking about the rogues. They are slowly getting closer to our borders.... which is not too boring of a meeting, now that I think about it.

Another reason my family hates me is that I am gay. It is a new thing for werewolves and even in the past if someone had a male-on-male or female-on-female mating, they would get with someone else. I am hoping my mate won't reject me though.

"Adobis quit daydreaming and pay attention. You are going on the next mission." my father whisper yelled at me. "If you don't start paying attention I will give you a reason not to pay attention."

That comment made me quiver in slight panic. I was already in trouble because I didn't get up on time for the meeting. We trained harder last night, which is what made me sleep in. He doesn't want me to be weak so he forces me to train harder than how he trains the others.

"The mission will be led by my son Sebastian. And the co-leader will be Adobis. You will report to either of them. Sebastian and Adobis stay after the meeting. The rest of you are dismissed." Alpha Colton started.

As everyone left, my father went up to Alpha Colton. "Are you sure you want my son of all people to be the co-leader for this trip? You know he's a submissive." Alpha didn't look pleased.

"You trained him yourself, no? Also, he is going to be the next Beta. My son has already chosen him."

As he said that Sebastian, the next Alpha, came up and stood next to me. I have had the biggest crush on him for a while. The only thing is... he is not gay at all. "Hey Dad, why is Adobis coming along doesn't he need to be here to start the training?"  

"What do you mean training?" I asked,

"Training to be my Beta, duh."

"Sebastian do not get smart. This is the start of his training." "Oh," Sebastian said dumbly

As soon as he said that "Alpha! Beta! Rogues have come within a mile of the outer border. Do you want us to go now or wait till they come closer?!"

"We will have to finish this meeting later. Arlos, come with me."

"Dad, what do you want me to do?"

"You and Adobis will get ready for tomorrow's mission. You may leave now."

As we walk down the corridor, something comes to my mind. "Hey, Sebastian?"

"Yea?"

"Your father said you already chose me. Is that true?"

"Yea."

"Why?"

He looks back at me with a confused look. "Because you are The Beta's son so it is the best choice."

"But-"

"Unlike your father and many others, I don't care that you are submissive." He interrupts me with a glare.

"But I-"

"So what I don't care as long as you don't want to fuck everyone around you."

"No just guys," I whisper.

He stops "What did you say?"

"Nothing!!"

".....Ok," He still looks at me suspiciously. The rest of the way is quiet.

As we walk up the stairs to the pack house, he turns to me "I want you up and at the pack entrance by 8:00 am tomorrow, packed and ready to go. We are leaving at 8:15. Ok?"

"Yes, Alpha."

"Don't call me Alpha until after my coronation. Am I clear?"

"Yes Sir." He just walks away sighing.

"Wait- did I do something wrong?!?"

He must have seen something on my face because "No, I will see you tomorrow Adobis."

"Ok...see you tomorrow I guess."

Shortly after I arrived home, an hour or two later, my father came home. I came down because I heard some yelling. Huge mistake.

"Where is that bitch!" my father roared.

"I don't know, probably in his room." Then I heard stomping up the stairs of our house. Oh no...

I ran down the hallway. He was going to beat me again.

"Shit shit shit shit" I whispered. I was able to get to my door and close it.

I couldn't lock it in time so I ran to the bathroom and closed and locked that door, turning off all the lights.

I sat and quietly chant "Please go away, please, please go away."

My father started pounding on the door. He breaks in. That is all I remember...