-Chapter 7-

Adobis POV

We walk into the Packhouse and see...my parent screaming at the Alpha. It honestly scared me...

"I can take my son if I want to! No one can stop me."

My father turns to see me and Sebastian. He stomps our way and tries to grab me. Sebastian grabs me and pulls me to his chest. My heart beats quicker than it already does.

Sebastian turns to my parents, "You aren't taking him anywhere. He is staying right where he is, whether you like it or not."

My father looks livid... "Well keep the slut. I don't want him anyway."

That tore right through my heart. Did my parents not want me? Was I just a bag to hit or a statue to mock? A tear welled up in my eyes. I may have hated my parents and known they hated me but to hear that they don't want me... was heartbreaking.

"I suggest you leave and never come back." Alpha Colton finally speaks.

My parents leave and never look back...

We enter Alpha Colton's office. He turns to us "Let us just try to get through to-"

"How the hell did they get out of the cell?!?!" Sebastian looked angry.

I tried to intervene, "Sebastian, it's fine. They are gone now, and we won't have to worry about them."

"No today was supposed to be perfect for the both of us so we could get our mates and be happy for the rest of our lives"

When he said that...it tore my heart. The thought of not being mates killed me. I don't know why...

Alpha Colton interrupts, "I don't know exactly how they got out, but they are gone now. You two have to get ready. The ceremony is at 3:00 pm. It is currently 1:00 pm. Please start to get ready. We will deal with all the drama tomorrow once you have time with your mates and have your spots settled. I will see you two in a bit. My wife will help you get ready, Adobis, since your parents...are not here. Now leave thank you." Alpha Colton sits at his desk. Sebastian and I both leave.

Sebastian walks me up to where my room will now be since I am going to be Beta. He leaves without a word as soon as I open the door. I walk in...

"Hello dear." I jump and see a woman that looks like a short female version of Sebastian. He looked like his mother. I thought he looked like his father wow. I have never actually seen her. My parents never let me go to pack meetings other than in defense or things about being a warrior.

Her voice brings me out of my head. "Dear I heard you need help getting ready. Go get in the bath. I have already set it up. I will wash your hair then set up your clothes."

"I don't think you need to do that..." I have never had someone help me bathe since I found out I was a submissive. My mom just ignored me after that.

"Oh hush, get in the bath and tell me when you are in," she looks at me with the sweetest smile.

"Ok fine." I look at her nervously.

I slip into the bath. That is when I realized that she is going to see my cut. Oh shit. She is going to hate me now. Tear well up in my eyes as she walks in.

"Oh, Dear why are you crying? Is it your parents? Maybe this is for the best?"

She looks at me with a soft expression. Hopefully, she won't notice the cuts on my legs and stomach.

"Yea, I wish they would be here but they are assholes." She starts pouring water on my head.

"It's ok you have me." she beams at me.

After I get my bath, I go to my room and see a suit without a jacket or tie. I go over to look at it.

"You can wear this. I hope it fits. It might be a bit big but it might work. You have to go to the dining hall after you get ready. It is already 2:00. You have to be there at 2:30 so hurry."

Quick question. Where is the dining hall?"

She turns to me with a questioning look. "You don't know where the dining hall is?"

"No, I have never been there." I look down at the ground. That was one thing my parents never let me do.

"Alright. Walk down the main path. Follow people, they will lead you where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if people were leaving right now to be able to get in."

"Ok thanks" I give her a smile
She leaves and I get dressed. I hope I find my mate tonight so they can hold me tight, and I can have a moment of bliss and peace.

I walk about the pack house dormitory. People are walking down the main path so I follow them. I always had to be home for dinner so I never used the dining hall. I walk into the building and wow.

The roof has beautiful work of the Moon Goddess with a skylight over the stage. There are long dark oak tables with benches and chairs. People sit at the tables with friends and family. It is honestly overwhelming how many people are here and how beautiful this place is. At the back of the stage, the Alpha and his family sit with one seat open. I stand near the door not knowing where to go.

Luna Anna motions me over from across the room. I walk over almost falling over a couple of times from people trying to find a seat. Eventually, I make it over.

"I am glad you were able to find it." Luna Anna turns to me, "Sit there dear, you will be there from now on." They had me sitting beside Sebastian.

Once everyone sat down, Alpha Colton stood up and gave a prayer to the Moon Goodness. It was short and talked about blessing our journey as new leaders. After he sat down everyone started eating. They make quiet dinner conversations. It was honestly really nice.

After almost everyone finishes eating, Alpha Colton stands up and faces the congregation of people.

"We are gathered here today to ascend Sebastian to Alpha and Adobis to Beta. Boys please rise and join me under the skylight."

Even though it was only 6:00, the night was out. Both of us rise and join Alpha Colton under the skylight.

"Please repeat after me. I solemnly swear to uphold the rules and regulations of this pack, and keep the members safe and protected. I swear to give my life in case of emergency, and protect everyone of this pack to the best of my ability to the Moon Goddess, thank you." Both of us repeated his words and it felt like a light and power had filled me.

My wolf, who had not talked to me ever or I had never felt, began to stir. All he said was one word....Mate