4: The ball

(Unedited)
It was about noon when Diana reached Narnia, so until 3:15 at Cair Paravel, the castle was filled with Lucy's voice giving Diana a tour and Lucy and Diana taking about the ball.

"Usually at these sort of events someone has a reason to throw an elaborate party but we are just that cool. Oh! And also-" Lucy was interrupted by Diana's laughter.

Lucy grinned an started to laugh too.

They were outside in the garden sitting on a bench while Edmund was glancing at them while training far away, but close enough to admire Diana's beautiful smile and laugh.

Edmund and Peter were sparring casually, with no intent of hurting each other. Edmund was so distracted watching Diana that he lost a spar for the first time since he arrived at Cair paravel.

"What was that Edmund? You never lose." Of course Edmund was surprised himself, as he didn't even notice his defeat until Peter said something.

Edmund sighed and looked at Peters sword at Edmunds throat then at Diana once again.

Peter noticed and followed Edmunds trail of sight. His face lit up and Edmund stepped back, clearly blushing.

Peter hummed and placed his sword on the ground. "You know, the ball is tonight. You can dance with her then."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Peter smiled at Edmunds flustered demeanor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diana and Lucy were walking to Susan's room partly to see how her dress, hair, and makeup were coming along and partly because they had nothing better to do.

Susan was getting ready a bit too early if you asked Lucy and Diana, but Susan was really excited so they didn't say anything.

When they reached her room Lucy knocked and they heard Susan invite them inside.

When they walked in Susan was wearing a beautiful blue dress that both Lucy and Diana were gawking at.

She also wore her crown, that seemed to be complementing the dress. Her hair was still in the process of being done, but red lipstick painted her lips, and blush and mascara were applied aswell.

 Her hair was still in the process of being done, but red lipstick painted her lips, and blush and mascara were applied aswell

"You look amazing!" 
Both Lucy and Diana said at the same time causing all of them to giggle.

Susan invited them to sit down on her bed beside the vanity she was currently getting ready by.

"So, Diana." Susan was being blunt and trying to pry answers out of Diana. "Do you fancy Edmund?"

Diana practically chocked on air when she heard the question. Lucy giggled more at this.