05| Magical Smiles and Dates

Aerons POV:

He had been driving for hours, finding whatever place around him to stop. He left around ten in the morning, now, it was peering seven in the evening. The breeze was starting to pick up, and he was thankful for the beanie and warm jacket he was wearing.

The beanie was more of a precaution to make sure no unwanted people accidentally recognized him. Along with that, he wore sunglasses, which looked ok in the afternoon and morning with the bright sun—but now as it settles into the night, it looks more suspicious. He decided to ditch the sunglasses after sunset, using the dark as his newfound disguise.

Unlike Alastair, Aeron was more classy with his choice in vehicle. A BMW E30, his baby he'd like to say. The car had been bought at an auction when Aeron was only fifteen, using the money he got from a drug deal he made for his father.

It wasn't classy like the cars the other family members drove, but it was his favorite. Alastair sticked to his stereotypical bad boy vehicle, driving a motorcycle—but also owning a collection of black cars that he equally drove.

"That will be 8.75," the woman who was ringing up Aeron at the gas station said. He had driven as far as he could, until he felt uneasy about being so far from his home. He was just a few cities over, a more suburban and quiet area—which he preferred. The night fall was perfect for a late night gas station run.

Especially since he wasn't in a mood to go to a restaurant or fast food chain. He pulled out a crumpled ten from his pocket, too lazy to reach for him wallet. He grabbed the slurpie he bought, along with the chips and beef jerky, before walking outside. He had got a hot dog as well to add to his well balanced meal.

This would have probably gave his father a heart attack, watching him eat all this 'poor people junk' but all it did was make Aeron feel better about the events from the morning.

He sat at one of the concrete stoppers in an empty parking space next to his, watching the cars pass every few seconds. He sipped on his drink, while taking bites of the hot dog. One car pulled into the parking lot, but he almost didn't see it by the darkness masking the black car.

He recognized the make and model of it, looking identical to one Alastair had. An apparent voice boomed the second the car stopped and the door opened. The car parked on the other side of his car, so he wasn't able to see the people, but he could hear their voices.

"See I'm not the only person with a cool car!" An evident female voice spoke. She sounded mad, but also slightly upbeat. As if her words were playful remarks to the person she was yelling them too.

An aggravated sigh rose from the other voice. "Can you seriously just drop the annoyance you have about not being able to drive your car. It is a hazard to have such an old car on the road!" This time it was a man speaking.

Aeron wondered if they were friends. What they were arguing about. Why the were also here at such a late time in the evening. He wondered what they looked like. If they had smiles on their face unlike the frown he wore.

He took another bite of the hot dog, letting the greasy food heal the pain in his heart.

Finally, the possessors of the voice walked past him, not even noticing him as they walked into the store. Both were dressed in similarly dark outfits. The guy in dark black jeans and a similar colored button up. The girl was what caught his eye though.