11| Little Snake

Alastair's POV:

I didn't need to be a boy scout to know how to tie knots.

Some knots I could tie that were nearly impossible to get out. But my father wanted to ensure she didn't get out, while he had me interrogate her, so he used cuffs and rope just to be safe. I didn't see the big deal about her, and I still needed to investigate why Aeron told me to take her to a back room before she ran.

I felt the back of her head to make sure she wasn't wounded, or bleeding. I had security knock her out, because this girl is fast. After everyone had left her in the basement, secured to the metal chair, I went upstairs a to talk with Aeron while we waited for her to wake up. Obviously I would be the one to interrogate—or more like torture the answers out of her, same shit.

"Hello my favorite brother," I say walking into his room. Aeron was practically distraught. Still in the tux from hours ago, his hair was a mess, along with his room.

My brother had a meltdown.

Just like a toddler he was ignoring me. But I didn't need someone to look at me while I talked, it'd happen eventually. "I already have enough on my plate tonight with that girl, so want to explain how you know her, so I don't need to interrogate the answers out of you as well?" But he completely ignored me.

I laughed at him acting so childish. "Dai!" (Come on)

"Intortare," he muttered. (fool someone)

My jaw dropped. "She fooled you!" I couldn't contain the surprise, the laughter, the foolishness that my brother possessed.

"She told me her name was Bentley. Her father was a mechanic and her mother didn't work. She told me that she was taking a gap year and decided to work in the more rural parts of the city. We met at one of the convince stores, and bonded over cars. I didn't think a girl who liked old cars and had basic teenage problems was a fucking assassins!" The words just spit out of him in a chaotic flow.

It seemed that within the past hour of the girl being here, Aeron has had his feelings all pent up and in this moment; he just let it all go.

"You don't know if she's an assassin. Devyn Russo is a 30 year old man, remember. And last I checked, that is one hot chick," I point outside his door at particularly nothing since she is technically below us.

Aeron groaned. "Can you not talk about her like that." He was stressed. If he kept this up for another hour, he might start looking like our father. They did have such similar features. Almost identical twins. Me and Aeron, you could say we looked alike, but we had our contrasts.

"Ok. . . but have you seen her?" I mock surrender.

"Of course I've seen her, cazzo! I've spent every night with her, and when I wasn't in a stupid meeting I was either texting or calling her. So yes, I've seen how drop dead gorgeous she is, but I can't do anything anymore because she's a goddamn killer." He hid behind the crook of his hand, running his fingers through his hair. "Stammi giù di dosso!" (Leave me alone)

Only when Aeron is mad will he start using Italian. "Fine, I'll go." I say, not trying to pester him any longer, I had to prepare to torture a girl in about a few minutes so I needed to get into the right mindset.

I'm psycho, but human. I still feel bad when hurting people, especially if I'm not sure on their innocence.

Bentley POV:

"Son of a bitch!" I heard my father curse. "Devyn Rachel Russo, get your ass down here right now! And turn off that god awful music!"