06| Keep Smiling

Bentleys POV:

"Bent," the voice was loud and obnoxious—a combination of only one man.

She rolled her eyes, putting the dress down onto her bed. "What do you want Giorgio?" A grumble was impossible to not hear in her voice. She had been preparing to meet up with Alex for hours now, washing her hair—styling it in every possible way—picking out outfits then changing then repeating the cycle until she felt like she was going crazy.

It was a stupid date, not even. She was just going to show him her car, and that was it. But he made her feel so special, she never got to talk about something that she loved for more than two seconds before being shut up. It was wrong to feel this good about a person.

Especially in the mafia. Especially to her. The girl that was trained to be a cold blooded killer, geeking over a little car date. It sounded idiot to even think about it.

"Where are you going?" He asked, nodding his head to the outfits. She rolled her eyes, not needing his irritating questions.

She moved away from her mirror, laying flat on her bed. "No where," she told him, feeling like he was her older brother. "I'm just picking an outfit for an upcoming assignment. Always like to be organized and prepared, you know me." She made an attempt to keep her voice cool and natural.

"Whatever you say. But my dad wanted to remind you that you have an early morning meeting with him tomorrow," he didn't allow her a response, before walking out of her room. She checked the time, noticing it was almost time for her to leave.

She wore her favorite dark blue baggy jeans, that were so big on her she had to wear a tight belt to keep them from falling. Along with that, a black crop top and black cropped puffer jacket. As well as a black hat and her natural wavy hair to fall perfectly down her shoulder.

It wasn't an effortless look whatsoever. She had spent about three hours finding an outfit, having to shower again from stressing so much—using the warm water to calm her nerves. But she was excited to meet Alex again.

She grabbed the keys to her Buick off her nightstand, along with a gun in case of emergencies. She wanted to do a knife instead, but her belt would make it hard to reach for the knife in her thigh or hip holster. The gun was just easier to keep in her purse.

And she did have an emergency hunting knife hidden in the drivers seat of her car anyways.

~~

She found her way to corner store, parking her car in one of the empty spots. The place was mostly vacant, one car was parked in the handicap spot—but that was it. She rested her head against her seat, taking off her jacket as her nerves started to make her heart race.

Slowly breathing to calm her pulse, she heard the rattling of another engine. Every car that passed, she turned her head like an owl trying to see if it was him. The BMW that was singed into her brain. But none of them were his car.

Her stomach began to knot as she waited for the dark blue vehicular to enter the lot. She wanted to jump out the car to greet him, take one more good look at his smile and eyes that had her in a trance yesterday.

They are this bright shade of blue, one that you beg they never blink so you can admire them for hours. His hair was dark in contrast compared to his eyes, wavy and fluffy a top his head. This guy was making her feel like she had a middle school crush.