𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Regina Mills glanced down at the cream-colored envelope lying on her desk, and sighed in aggravation.

Judging by the elegant, perfectly spaced calligraphy that spelled out her name and address, she already has a suspicion as to what it was, but it wasn't until she opened it and pulled out a thin, rectangular sheet of paper that her fears were confirmed.

The Mayor let out a frustrated sound. "Great. Another charity ball. Just what I need."

To make matters worse: it was the type of function that required a date, and Regina's options were sorely limited.

She definitely couldn't see herself entering an elegant ballroom on the arm of, say, the town psychiatrist. As kind as Archie could be: he was not remotely her type, and she didn't feel right subjecting him to the hum-drum nature of such a gathering.

There was Graham, of course, but he had put off so many important things to fly to her side at the slightest notice, and she was actually beginning to feel bad about calling upon him so much.

She thought, briefly, about bringing her son: Henry, but the event would run late, and there would be alcohol. Not a good idea for a four-year old.

Slumping down in her office chair, Regina ran through the list of eligible men in the town, eventually realizing that none of them would do. Save one.

Oh gods…has it really come to that? She leaned back, closing her eyes and rubbing at her temples.

Finally, deciding that she had no other choice, she stood, closed up her office for the day, and then headed for her mansion.

If she was going to make a deal with the devil, she would do so looking fabulous.

꧁༺***༻꧂

Gold's antique shop didn't close for the night until eight, giving Regina plenty of time to shower and change.

While her work outfits were stylish and flattering, her quest required a certain amount of persuasion: and the right ensemble could do wonders when it came to enticing a man.

She settled upon a form-fitting dress made of red fabric, the shade similar to the apples she was so fond of. The skirt ended a few inches above the knee, and the sweetheart neckline plunged low enough to show off plenty of cleavage.

She paired the dress with black pantyhose and her favorite black pumps, and styled her hair so that it framed her face attractively. After applying just the right amount of black eyeliner, she enhanced her dark brown eyes with smoky eye-shadow and chose the perfect hue of red for her lipstick.

Glancing in her vanity mirror, Regina made a few adjustments to her clothing, hair, and make-up until she was fully satisfied with her appearance.

Finally, she checked the time and grabbed her purse before heading out the door, determined to make it to Gold's shop at just the right moment.

As it happened, she timed herself perfectly and arrived to find the pawnbroker locking up his store.

She slowed her walk down to a smooth sashay and flipped her hair out of her eyes before announcing her presence. "Good evening, Gold."

"Regina!" he smiled and turned, ready to greet her and start their usual repartee; but once he got a good look at her: his eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly. "Wow…someone's dressed to kill. Graham's a very lucky man."

"Actually I'm giving Graham the night off," she admitted, drawing close and aiming her most winning smile at him.

"Then what's the occasion?" he gestured at her outfit. "I highly doubt you were wearing that at the office."