CHAPTER 4.

Rebekah drove into the North East Atlantic compound and looked around at all the built houses and sealed roads and the sheer beauty of the settlement

Rebekah drove into the North East Atlantic compound and looked around at all the built houses and sealed roads and the sheer beauty of the settlement.Rebekah parked in the visitors car park and saw her blonde haired Brother walking towards her with a wide smile. Rebekah couldn't recall a time she had ever seen Nik look this happy, this buoyantly joyful and calm and she got out with a smile, "Nik this is amazing, have you had compelled workers building 24/7?" She teased and Klaus smirked at her and laughed.

"Of course," He turned to indicate the large building behind them, "That is the meeting hall and dining area. Come Bekah, I think you will approve," He voiced, linking her arm in his and walking her over the bridge.

"Oh my it is stunning," She gasped looking around the communal dining area and meeting place with an open view of the bayou and woods within reach and Nik led her to the pool and bar area. " Nik...this is like a resort, it is incredible," Rebekah gushed approvingly and Klaus looked at her.

"So you like it?" He asked humbly and Bekah looked at him and hugged him tightly.

"Truly beautiful Nik. A beautiful home for your pack. Show me your place. I want us to talk privately. I assume you have built yourself a home here?" She smiled and he inclined his head leading her away.

"You went modern, I love it, you always had exquisite taste," She announced excitedly walking inside and looking around.Rebekah sat down in the light bright dining, kitchen and living area looking out at the view outside the large glass doors, feeling like she was on holiday and miles away from the French Quarter and the City. While Klaus went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot Brut NV champagne and he popped the cork and filled two champagne flutes handing her one she smiled and clinked her glass to his, "To you Niklaus may your renewal be everything you want," And Klaus's eyes softened at his beloved Sister, " Mhmm," She said appreciatively taking a sip, "My favourite," She smiled at him.

"Thank you Bekah, I appreciate your support," Klaus admitted sincerely.

"Nik I have always loved you, I may have chafed at your constraints at times but my loyalty and love for you has never diminished, although ...." And she looked guilty, "In the review of our life I did call Mikeal..."

"I have lived with all that sweetheart. I'm not interested in rehashing old grievances or wounds. I forgave you and Marcel and we are years past that time, this is a new start for all of us. Finn is embracing his new life with gusto. I have concerns for Kol at times but he has Davina and she is his lode star. Freya is happy she has her husband, wife and children. How are you and Marcel?" He asked, it had not gone unnoticed by her that Nik did not mention Elijah. Rebekah stood up holding her champagne and he watched her sensing her inner turmoil and elation and her blue eyes sparkled when she turned back to him.

"When our house is built we are going to adopt or use a surrogate to have children," She blurted out and Klaus chuckled.

"Good for you, finally you have made your mind up, so I take it the cure that runs in Damon Salvatore's veins will be of no use to you?"