CHAPTER 5.

Hayley laughed as she watched the young kids of the Crescent Pack high on excitement of the bonfire tonight and watching the cursed wolves turn

Hayley laughed as she watched the young kids of the Crescent Pack high on excitement of the bonfire tonight and watching the cursed wolves turn. The new pack that would be joining the Crescent pack and seeing hundreds of wolves together, running off together into the woods. Hayley turned her head to Liz with a wide genuinely happy smile, "I had forgotten how much I love pack life," She admitted.

"I can see, that's why you were a great Alpha Hayley, you love the people you want the best for them, I take it your first night here was what you needed?" Liz looked at the beautiful brunette the dark cloud that had surrounded her had lifted from her.

"It has, this house the compound was just what I needed to get my head together and this party and run was a great idea, so much better than feuding fighting packs."

"We are two of the strongest oldest packs in the world. We both take in the Labonair, Aumont blood lines, few packs can boast such lineage and it helps that Morgan Poldark and Klaus Mikaelson are receptive towards peace and not acrimony. One of our untriggered wolves old Harrold and an untriggered wolf from the NEA pack will cross the state driving with clothes for the end of the run and our stay at the Hotel. Can you make sure you have a bag for yourself packed and waiting at the loading bay before nightfall? The memo has gone out to other wolves in the pack and when you're in the kitchen just give the wolves a reminder, most are pretty good but some of the young ones forget." Liz asked with an all knowing smile having dealt with the younger wolves for years.

"Sure they are all excited about tonight." Hayley grinned, Liz nodded with a smile herself moving off.

Hayley went and helped with setting up tables and then went to the dining mess large kitchen to help and a young triggered wolf Dean who was cutting up veggies turned to Hayley as she washed tomatoes, "As a hybrid do you still eat regular human food?" Hayley smiled.

"Yeah I do, I was a wolf longer than I have been a vampire and I love the taste of food," She remarked.

"Do you need to drink blood everyday?" He asked, interested.

"Yes I do, it keeps me strong, but I can go days without it, the wolf makes the vampire grounded, I have less bloodlust than a vampire." Dean nodded.

"And you don't grow old and die, that is so cool and you are a lot harder to kill right? and the sun doesn't burn you."

"Hybrids are harder to kill and no the sun can't burn us," Hayley smiled.

"So hybrids can't be made anymore is that right? there is only you and Klaus Mikaelson who are hybrids?" Dean questioned, Hayley nodded.

"That's a pity I would so go for being a hybrid, turn when you want to. I would spend weeks as a wolf," Dean confided, Hayley looked at Dean. "What about turning into a hybrid? Does it still hurt like a cursed wolf?"

"It becomes easier the more you turn and it is so fast as a hybrid you hardly notice it happening." Hayley shared.

"Who knows one day hybrids might be able to be made again," Dean commented and Hayley murmured.