Chapter 9: Prem's Calm

Last Chapter...

A mere mortal!

A purged sect!

What a mockery!

"Or perhaps the little necromancer can't even cause a ripple in the time continuum."

Necromancer.

It was by far the most disparaging slur used against time travelers due to their secondary ability that gifted them the power to communicate and see spirits and gain access to The Amidst.  

Just when I was starting to calm down, Sect Leader Lakorn had the audacity to say something this insulting. Once again, my settled anger began seething, boiling, and festering deep down inside.

I lost all composure, I saw red.

Blood-curdling screams of celestials in terror and pain surrounded me.

"Son no!" My father's horrified voice rang in my ear, but I ignored him.

Bones being broken in several places by my mere thought. I moved quickly; bodies crumpled in my path.

My hand reached Sect Leader Lakorn's throat and pinned him against the wall. 

"You'll be the first apparition my beloved sees!" 

💘 The Unseen 💘

Prem Point of View

Prem Point of View

The moment we teleported outside of the meeting chambers, a paused moment of shock froze me in place. Trying to slow my heart's pounding crescendo against my ribcage, I struggled to process what I was seeing. Dozens and dozens of unconscious and ailing bodies dressed in different sect attire were monstrously sprawled across the floor.

The beings that were still conscious were screaming in distress, their pain-stricken cries echoed loudly in my ears. The comatose were twisted into real-life pretzels.

Did my husband do all of this, just because he felt I had been disrespected? What would he have done if I was harmed?

Several members from Boun's sect were attempting to heal the injured with their celestial energy. Members from Boss and MD's sect were trying to render aid the old fashion way.

Boss immediately joined the efforts.

"Where's Boun?"

Mother Nune materialized before my eyes.