two.

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍'𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐄𝐓, 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐓, but Caroline was in the back worrying about her cat Ellie. It's been a day or two since she has seen the little black cat.

Steve said that he had him at a friends and that he'll bring Ellie back the next day. "Mom, I just think that Ellie is too clingy and you should have peace and quiet while grading my test scores and your fellow students. You shouldn't have a stupid cat on your lap for the entire night", Steve said a few days ago.

"Steve I had to deal with that for 5 years when your father didn't want to play with you. And when you had a really bad day at work", she said. Caroline wasn't complaining.

She loved her son very much and didn't really mind the clinginess of Steve as a young boy. "Mom, he will be back in a couple of days".

Anyways, back to the present to when the three were making a trail to find Dart. 

Steve and Dustin were talking about a new girl in Dustin's class and how Dustin tried to impress her with a slimy slug. "Did you really think an ugly slug would impress a girl?", Steve questioned unbelievable. "A middle school girl! My mom would probably be grossed out. And hardly ever happens with stuff that should be grossed out".

"I won't be grossed out by what", Caroline called out from behind when she heard her name. Well, her son calling her. 

"Mom! Where've you been? You've liked disappeared", Steve asked. "I've been in the back wondering what you have done to the rest of my children", she answered. "It's fine mom. They're already at home", Steve shrugged lying to his mother.

"Yeah, anyways...who'd you be grossed out if some guy came up to you with a slug. For example, Hopper", Dustin asked. "Not really. It depends on the size, why?", Caroline answered as she caught up with them and dropping meat to the ground.

"There's this girl named Max Mayfield and I really like her. Lucas does too, but Mike not so much. Will doesn't really care. I really wanted to show Dart. Dart and I actually really have a lot in common. We both really like the same type of candy, but turns out that Dart prefers cats instead of candy", he explained. 

"Specifically, Mews and E-", Dustin was cut off by Steve's hand over his hand. The hand with the glove that was used for the putting disgusting meat on the ground. 

Dustin groaned because he could taste the meat on his mouth. He began coughing and yelling at Steve. "Yeah, Dart really likes Mews, mom", Steve said as he ignored Dustin trying to hit him. He missed many times. 

"Children! Enough with the violence. Dustin you don't need a slug to impress a girl or Steve's hair. That he got from me, who I got from my father and it goes on and on. It's a Whitlock thing", she bragged out her family's hair gene.

"I think you should just be yourself", Caroline suggested. Steve scoffed at the suggestion. "No, Dustin. The key to getting a girl is to act like you don't care at all", Steve said.

"Even if you do?", Dustin said. His cluelessness was absolutely adorable. "Yeah. It'll drive them nuts".

Now, Caroline, scoffed at Steve's suggestion. "No, it doesn't. It'll just make them think that you're a jerk. You never want that thought from a girl for you first impression".

"Uh, no Mom. This isn't the 1940s. You act like you don't care, then you wait until the you feel it", Steve continued to teach the young boy on how to get a girl.

Tutorial on how to get a girl even though your heartbroken and the girl dumped you.

Dustin frowned at what Steve had just said. "The feeling is like....you know when it's about to storm? You can't see it but you can feel it. It's kinda like electricity", he said. Knowing that his mother was probably cringing in the back and his explanation was terrible.