four.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐔𝐏. After waiting for quite a while, Jim Hopper appeared in his car. He ushered him to get in the car. They all jumped into the car. 

"Caroline?", Jim said. He was shocked that Caroline would be involved in what is happening. She'd most likely be in her room, grading, enjoying time with her cats. Well, cat, she doesn't have two cats anymore.

"Yeah, last I checked my name is Caroline", she chuckled awkwardly. "Are we gonna go or not?", Steve groaned. Jim glanced at Caroline one more time before speeding up. 

"He's definitely in love", Dustin stated, thankfully, Steve only heard and agreed. 

After a while, they stopped in front of Byer's household and entered. The Harringtons were in the kitchen far from the group. "Why are you staring at dirty dishes like you want to clean them? Because you never do", Caroline questioned her son. 

"Well, mother", Steve placed him arm around the back of his neck. "I have too-", he was cut off by his mother. 

"What'd you do?". Steve had this habit that if he was guilty and did something, his hand was always at the back of his neck and tugged the bottoms of his hair. As a mother, Caroline always knew. 

"Well, you see...", Steve paused and took a deep breath and began rambling. "So, one night Dustin came over and told about how Dart at mews and he was freaking out and I was freaking out so we were all freaking out. And them Dart ended up in your room while you were having your beauty sleep peacefully, and thank god you are a deep sleeper because you would kill me, so basically, as I was saying Dart was in your room and ate Ellie and then Dustin told me about his undying love and his hate for dad, but I'm not offended or anything I didn't like him too. He decided to not come to my basketball game that once time in 4th grade". 

Caroline stood in front of him with a blank stare. 

"Mom, mom", Steve called for his mother. "Did you hear anything I said?".

A few seconds of silence before Caroline shirked. 

"Dustin Henderson's pet was in my room!". 

"That's the wrong thing you're supposed to by yelling about", Steve muttered. "Dart...ate...Ellie".

Once again, Caroline stood in front of him with a blank stare. A while later Caroline bursted out laughing. "Ah, Steve you're so funny", Carolinen lightly punched his shoulder before putting on a serious face. "Okay, Will Byers is dying and no time for jokes. 

The two came downstairs and Steve took a seat next to Dustin and they shared a look. "I guess that she had the wrong reaction", he said. Steve nodded in response. "Well, you're gonna die".

Steve shook his head in response. 

"Nah, we are".