three.

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄, 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐒, 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐗 were all in an old car waiting for Dart to come out into the dark. They all have been waiting for hours and nothing happened. 

"So, you really fought one of these things before?", Max questioned to break the silence. Steve nodded in response. "And you're a 100% sure that it wasn't a bear".

Dustin scoffed at all her questions. It was obvious that she didn't believe in the demogorgons. I mean, you can't be mad at her. "Don't be an idiot, okay. We would all know if it was a bear. I mean, what bear would be from another dimension?".

"Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home", Dustin said.

Max rolled her eyes before climbing up the trunk they were in to leave. "Do you think it's a good idea for her to leave? We are looking for a big slug", Caroline questioned with full of concern for the young red-head. 

"That's good", Steve announced as Max was out of their sight. "Show her you don't care". 

Caroline scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I don't", Dustin assured him. Steve winked in response. "Steve, stop winking to the young child", his mother scolded. "You're almost an adult, enough with the weirdness".

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, Max and Lucas were at the top of the trunk looking for Dart, hoping that Dustin's planned worked. Eventually, after a very long time of waiting, everyone heard the longest growl that probably came from behind the trees.

"Sound like my father taking a shit", Caroline muttered. "Rest in peace, Ronald Whitlock".

Steve grunted at his mother's jokes. "Mom, now's not the time for you jokes, even though that was true. The group looked out the a hole to see if anything was outside. 

"Ten o'clock, ten o'clock, I've got eyes!", Lucas declared. "Why is he yelling? Is he trying to get us eaten?", Steve wondered. 

The group realized the Dart or whatever was outside, wasn't taking the meat. "Maybe he isn't hungry", Dustin suggested. "Or maybe he's sick of cow meat", Steve walked out of the trunk and went outside, ignoring all the calls for him. 

"What is this child doing?", Caroline asked herself. "Steve, what the hell are you doing?!". Steve turned around and looked at both Caroline and Dustin. "Just get ready", he tossed the lighter to Caroline.