Chapter 8: A Perfect Day

Harry smiled slightly nervously as they walked into the new and very expensive café in Diagon as he spotted Gregory, Marcus, Carina and Mikhail seated at a very private table near the back. They all stood when they spotted Harry and his group making him feel even more nervous. Sure he had met them before and they had all been nice to him, but he hadn't been being courted by Gregory then.

Remus placed his hand on Harry's back and gently urged him forwards when his pause was threatening to become a little too long, Hermione's hand in his gave a gentle squeeze. He wanted this to go well so badly, and he was worried that they weren't going to all get along. Sucking in a deep breath he led the way through the café to the Malfoys fighting the urge to run screaming from the place, why did he have to choose a partner with such an intimidating family?

And then Gregory had reached for him, his scent was surrounding him, his body warmth soaking into him, and then his lips were on his. Closing his eyes he slipped his arms around Gregory's waist as the older man's hand cupped his face gently. The kiss was gentle and chaste, they remembered whose company exactly they were in, but the contact with Gregory calmed down the nerves in his stomach. Pulling apart he smiled at Gregory's warm blue eyes as they scanned his eyes.

"Hey," Harry smiled.

"Hello," Gregory smiled back brushing a piece of hair out of Harry's eyes.

"Harry it is wonderful to see you again," Carina smiled reaching forward and kissing both of Harry's cheeks. He blinked slightly surprised but smiled at the woman when she pulled back.

"Its nice to see you again too. Erm, this is Remus Lupin, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom," Harry stepped back to Gregory's side as he introduced the four of them.

"This is my grandfather Marcus, my mother Carina, and my younger brother Mikhail," Gregory introduced his side of the family before holding his hand out to Remus who's eyes had not left him, intently taking in the interation between him and Harry. "And I am Gregory,"

"I have heard a lot about you," Remus smiled slightly accepting the hand.

"Remus!" Harry hissed as his cheeks lit up making him bury his face into Gregory's arm as they turned a darker red. Marcus let out a deep chuckle of amusement even as his faded blue eyes shone with something that none of them could really name.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all, Harry has told us enough about you to have made me eager to meet you," He smiled shaking Ron's hand and placing a kiss on Hermione's before turning to shake Neville and Remus's hands.

"Thank you for inviting us," Hermione said politely as they all shuffled to get seated, Harry ending up between Gregory and Remus, blushing a little again when Gregory pushed his chair in for him before seating himself. The round table just seated them all comfortably and allowed everyone to see each other.

"It is a pleasure, and it is nice to meet Harry's family, especially considering the recent developments," Marcus smiled at Harry and Gregory, the smile getting wider when Harry automatically reached up to play with his necklace.

"I admit it is nice to get the chance to meet your real family and not the one that is whispered about," Remus said softly.

"Ah yes, our family have been too long dipped into the dirt. Hopefully we will be able to ease the stain that has creeped upon our family name," Carina sighed.

"One of you having a relationship with the Chosen One will speed that along," Remus said lightly, but his eyes were sharp.

"Remus!" Harry choked horrified at the accusation but before he could say anything else Gregory brushed his fingers along his cheek getting his attention and stopping his family from responding. With a small smile Gregory shook his head before raising determined eyes to meet Remus's.