Discovering The New Kids (or Rediscovering!)

It's now my second week at this job and I'm already feeling like I know my way around the studio but unfortunately we are on a location shoot. Although I've been looking forward to seeing what this is like.
The first person I see is Donnie. "How's your foot doing?" Is the first thing he says to me. He's staring at me, straight at my face. Just as I'm about to answer him, he then asks "What is that on your face?" Instinctively I pat my face, thinking I might have some dirt or something on it, he then points to near my eye. Crap! I forgot to cover the area that I hurt from the fall on Friday night. "It's from the fall where I hurt my ankle. It's okay though." He winces. "Get the first aiders to check it before you go in for makeup." I nod in agreement. He then walks off to wherever he is going to.
Now I leave the trailer to go to do my scene. I'm glad my eye area is fine and that you definitely can't see it, especially as now I have my makeup on. "Katee! Come with me girly. Location shoots are always exciting! Ready for some action?" I laugh. "Raring to go Dawn."
Our characters are on the hunt for a pair of young women who they're investigating. "Why don't we go our separate ways and maybe we can find them easier?" I watch as Donnie is acting, pretending that he is getting a little frustrated with my character. "No! You don't know your way from right to left Knowles, follow my orders." Poor Gemma Knowles only wants to please and impress her partner, but she is feeling like Danny Reagan doesn't like or care about her or her feelings. Danny crosses the road quietly instructing for Gemma to follow but she thinks she sees one of the girls to the side and doesn't want herself to be seen by her before they apprehend them both.

When he realises that she/I haven't followed him, the annoyance on his face to clear

When he realises that she/I haven't followed him, the annoyance on his face to clear. He motions to go across the road but she shakes her hand as if to say no. She sneakily slides round the corner thinking she's following the young girl. Then Danny radio calls her telling her to get her butt over their pronto as both girls are in a shop behind him. Confused. She/I finally cross towards to Danny. The young girls somehow disappear from the shop. Danny found out when he went to search in the building. "You and me, station. NOW!" He says sternly.
Then the crew shout "CUT!!" I look at Donnie, he's laughing and smiling. He's so quick to change from character to being himself.
I'm sitting quietly in the green room trailer when Donnie comes talking to a guest cast star. I can't help but glance at him, I admire his confidence, his acting ability and how he's a nice guy. I feel intimidated by him though.
The cast member leaves the trailer and it's just Donnie and I. "Hey. What ya reading?" He leans over awkwardly to look at the front cover of the book I'm holding. "It's by Denise Solis: AJ McLean's mum.

He smirks

He smirks. What is he thinking, I'm wondering. "Are you a fan of his?" He asks me curiously. "Yeah, I am. Been to see him on tour with the Backstreet Boys, once I think." Now he's smiling, smugly. "Well, would you like to meet him?" A little surprised, I nod. "Leave it to me. Did you know that he's single, you're a pretty girl, he's a good looking guy." I'm a little crushed, I guess Donnie doesn't like me in the way I like him. Not that I'm surprised, I'm such a klutz and have no luck with relationships. He winks then looks out of the window, "come on, they're wanting us." I put my book back in my bag and follow him out.
I never realised that they tend to film similar scenes continuously for example, the location shoots are filmed together and the set scenes are as well. It definitely makes it all the more varied and exciting.
Staying back near the green room trailer, I'm leaning against it whilst observing Donnie as he is greeting the fans. He's such a natural with people. The fans love him by the looks of it with the excitement shown on their faces and the laughter being shared between them all. Dawn appears by my side. "Fans always show up on location shoots to see him. A lot of them are fans from the New Kids." Oops, I guess I've been caught watching him. "The New Kids?" I ask her, not knowing what she means. She giggles. "The New Kids on the Block. Don't tell me you don't know who they are?!" I try to think if I have any idea in my brain but it comes to a blank. "Right, when you get home, YouTube them and message me your thoughts." She links her arm through mine and we chat about different topics. She hasn't mentioned anything about my brother but it's not my place to butt in on his personal life.
We do a few more scenes and finally it's time to go home. I'm shattered!
Stirring my chicken rice meal in the pan, I catch my finger on the hot surface. "Ouch!!" I hiss. Rinsing it under the cold tap to help the burning. Thankfully it's just red. I go in search of my magic skin balm to rub on it as it'll sooth the area. By the time I get back to the stovetop, the rice is starting to stick to the pan. Hmm oh well I'm used to burning food so I'll still eat it.
Turning on my laptop, I search for the New Kids on YouTube. Lots of videos show up on the feed. Browsing through them, some of the videos look old. Firstly, I press play on a song called Remix. Switching the volume up louder so that I can hear it, as soon as I hear the "ohh oh ohh..." I just know it's going to be catchy. I like it. Aww there's Donnie. I can feel myself swooning looking at him, all dressed up in his suit and his glasses. They all look handsome but they're not a patch on him though. Hi I too feel like that girl who is a wallflower that nobody sees and waiting to be seen, hah!! Then another song called Hangin' Tough. Oh my gosh, how am I singing along, it seems familiar yet, oh I don't know. I research on my phone to see when this was released. They look so young, Donnie in particular, very cute. He looks so different with all of that hair. Lovely luscious blonde locks! It was released in nineteen eighty eight. I was three years old. I probably heard it on the telly or something and it's the kind of song that sticks in your head because of the 'ohh oh ohh' repeated through it.
It's time to grab a shower. I find myself humming to Remix with the Ohh oh ohhs mixed in. I laugh at myself for thinking I'm funny for a second there.
Yawning, I'm laid back in bed. Replaying those two songs on my phone. Until I find myself drifting off.