5. ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

Rain dripped against my window as I sat on the couch, a book in my hands. Since it was already dark outside, I had put up candles around the room, making everything even more comfortable. I was wrapped in a cuddly blanket and on the table next to me stood a cup of hot chocolate.

I had always liked rain since it gave me a feeling of comfort. Of course being outside and getting all wet wasn't the nicest feeling, except for rain dances, but cuddling up in a blanket like I did now made me relaxed and happy.

There wasn't any music on because I also liked the sound of rain. Especially while doing something quiet, like reading, or before going to sleep.

What I didn't like,was thunder. And lightning. You could also say I was afraid of thunderstorms. Since I was a kid I had been afraid of loud sounds so the thunder especially got to me.

But no matter how cool lightning looked, it also frightened me. It happened so quickly and even tho the chance was low it could hurt somebody.

That's why I flinched as the whole room lit up and a loud bang was heard outside.
My breath hitched and I covered my ears quickly, waiting for the thunder to stop.

Everything's alright.

That's what I always told myself, thinking that maybe I had gotten over my fear of thunderstorms. And every time there was one I was as scared as always.

I put my hands down and continued reading where I had left off. Or at least I tried to.
Everything was quiet again, almost too quiet.

Another flash illuminated the room making my heart beat stop for a second.
I sighed putting the book on the table, wiggling myself out of the blanket and going up the stairs.

Thunder sounded again before I could even reach my bedroom, making me jump.
Like before I covered my ears, hearing my heart beat louder.

Frantically I began searching for my headphones, them seeming to be the only way to relax a little and shut the storm out.

Where are things when you really need them?

I looked for another minute before my search again got interrupted by lightning and thunder.
It already felt like a routine, clutching my hands to my ears, my body shaking slightly and my breath hitching.

Well.

Seems like I'll have to get through this without any distractions.
I grabbed some pillows and another blanket before exiting my room and making my way down the stairs. Maybe I can try and sleep.

Don't be pathetic.
As if that's going to work.

My whole body was tense preparing for the storm to make itself noticeable again.
Thunder sounded again, making me stop my movement.
The pillows and blanket in my hands prevented me from covering my ears, making me cringe in discomfort.

I took the last step, stopping when I heard a weird sound coming from the hallway.
Am I also being robbed now?

My heart started speeding at an incredible speed, making me feel as if I was about to pass out.
Slowly lowering all the stuff in my hands, I grabbed the nearest item to at least have something to defend myself.

Careful not to make any noise I quietly turned around the corner, my grip on the umbrella getting even tighter.

Before I could even understand what was happening I saw a flashlight and a figure standing near the door, slowly making their way towards me. I squealed in shock, dropping my so called weapon in the process.

"Hey, mi amor." The silhouette spoke coming even closer. Confusion took over me, then it hit me like a train.
Why didn't I recognize this voice immediately.

"Oh my god Pablo, you scared me to death. I thought someone was trying to break into the apartment." I took a deep breath placing a hand over my heart.

"I'm sorry amor, I would've used the light but I think the power's out." We stood in front of each other now, Pablo pulling me into his embrace.

I closed my eyes, a feeling of safety rushing through my body as soon as I felt his touch.
"Why are you already here, I thought you'd be out longer. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought I was being robbed." I squeezed him a little stronger not getting enough of his warmth.

He laughed at my words before placing a kiss to my hair. "I knew you'd be scared of the storm, so I left as soon as I could."

"Really?" I pulled away looking at him, smiling like a little child. "You didn't have to but thank you." I quickly pulled him into another hug, placing a kiss on his cheek right after.

I walked into the living room sitting on the couch, Pablo following right behind me.
"Oh, I forgot the pillows, wait." He looked at me a little confused before shrugging and plopping down on the sofa.

I hurried to the stairs picking up the blanket and pillows I had dropped, quickly making my way back.

"Come here." Pablo whined reaching his arms out for me to lay down next to him.
Putting the pillows down I cuddled up next to him laying my head on his chest.

He shuffled around a little before picking up the blanket and placing it over us.
Suddenly there was loud rumbling from outside.

The storm.

I had totally forgotten about it, too caught up from what happened before.
Now that my hands were free I covered my ears quickly, burying my head deeper in Pablo's chest.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm here." He rubbed my back placing another kiss in my hair.
I waited until the thunder stopped, slowly bringing my hands down and placing them on his chest.

I took a deep breath, taking in Pablo's scent that immediately calmed me down.
He continued rubbing circles on my back as I lifted my head to look at him.

"Thank you for coming." He returned my smile, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.
A warm feeling spread through my body as he placed his lips on mine.

"Anything for you."

Hey guysss, I tried to update as soon as possible but I didn't really have that much time

I still hope you enjoyed the chapter and also thank you so much for 4K reads<33

See youuu