6. ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴀ ᴍᴇss

TW: Panic Attack

It's alright.

At least that's what I've told myself the past five minutes. My whole body was shaking as I was standing in the kitchen.

Everything's a mess.

Not only this place but also my mind was pure chaos. As soon as I woke up my day started with stress.

Pablo had already left for training and it seemed like my alarm hadn't gone off, because as my eyes scanned the time I immediately jumped out of bed.

Arriving twenty minutes late at the cafe I was working at the moment, my boss also clearly wasn't in the best mood as she was yelling at me during my entire shift.

Not to mention the customers. Except from an older lady that was extremely kind, everyone visiting the cafe today must have been hired by my boss.

Making snarky or rude comments and leaving the tables in a complete mess, I tried my best not to snap at any of the customers or otherwise I probably would have gotten sent home or even fired.

Ending the shift with the mood I had started my day with, no even worse, I wanted nothing but to go home and lay in bed for the rest of the day.

And that's what I did. Completely exhausted from work and all the stress the day had put on me I laid down, only for my phone to interrupt me from drifting to sleep.

"Hey, Babe." Hearing Pablo's soft voice made me relax a little again. "Hola, Pablito. You alright?" I asked, pushing all the other thoughts aside.
"Yeah, just wanted to let you know I'm done with practice and I'll be home in a bit." He said as I heard shuffling in the background.

"Alright, see you in a bit then. I love you."
"I love you too, amor. See you." I smiled at his words, ending the call and getting up as I decided to cook Pablo and me a small dinner.

I was still exhausted and frustrated but Pablo would certainly be starving when he got home, so I erased the thought of going back to sleep and made my way to the kitchen.

Collecting all the supplies I needed, I put everything in the pan turning the heat up. Since the food needed to stay on the stove a little longer I decided to check my socials and went on Instagram.

Being Pablo's girlfriend for sure made my socials blow up, so it wasn't anything new that my posts got a lot more attention than before.
I clicked on my latest post, two photos of Pablo and me on our latest date, scrolling through the comments.

That was probably a mistake.

I learned by time that even tho people had nothing to hate on, they would make up reasons to hate on our relationship, mainly attacking me with rude comments.

And again they were making fun about my body, what I wore and saying that Pablo deserved way better than me.

It was dumb letting those comments upset me. I had had issues with myself for a long time and they're not even gone. I just learned to handle everything better and to take care of myself, including to not let things like this get to me.
But today was just stressful in every way, so I continued reading all the comments until my vision was blurred with tears and my heart was beating like crazy.

I quickly turned my phone off, trying to stop the tears from falling as I took in a deep breath.
My nose scrunched as I smelled something weird. It smelled burned.

"Fuck." Was all I mumbled as I sprinted to the stove immediately seeing a little smoke coming from the pan.

I quickly turned it off but it was already too late. All the food was ruined.
Trying to keep myself together, I threw the food in the trash.