10. sᴘᴀʀᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴇʏᴇs

There he was again. Casually talking with his friends on the other side of the room but still consuming my thoughts. Even though I knew he felt the same, as our eyes met for the hundredth time this evening.

Not even the distance could stop the tension from growing and my plan to enjoy a fun night of going out with my friends was slowly turning into a who-will-give-in-first night.

That was pretty much what our relationship was called.

A few months ago my friend invited me to her birthday, celebrating in the exact same club we were in tonight. That's when I met Pablo.
He almost instantly caught my attention with his looks. Well build body, a little taller than me, brown hair and a pretty smile. Everything I could ask for.

Apparently the attraction wasn't on sided as I caught him staring at me multiple times that night. Later on we were introduced to each other by my friend, Hailey, and immediately I could tell we had some kind of connection.

Not only was he good looking but he also knew how to make conversation and he certainly knew how to make me laugh.

As the night slowly came to an end we exchanged numbers, constantly texting and calling each other from then on. Even though it was clear we both found each other rather attractive no one seemed to make a move, except from our constant flirting.

Even our friends caught on quiet quickly that Pablo and I had a thing for each other, as they started teasing us for it.

Today I didn't even get the chance to greet him properly and I held back the urge to walk over and talk to him since I hadn't seen my friends in quiet a long time either.

"You think so too, y/n?" Hailey asked bringing me back to reality. I looked at her confused. "Uh.., sure." I answered hoping they would go with it.

"So you think you should just talk to him and confess your feelings. Great." Heat rushed to my cheeks. Of course they noticed.
"What?" I acted confused.

"Oh seriously?" Ana now chimed in. "Since when do you have this thing going on between the two of you. Five months?" She asked, tilting her head in question.

"Six." I mumble looking at my feet as they suddenly seemed to be more interesting than this conversation.
"Oh my god!" They both scoffed making me look up again.

"Why won't you make a move?" Hailey asked her brows knitted together. I shrugged my shoulder. "I guess I'm kinda scared he's going to reject me." I knew it didn't really make sense but I was still scared as I had only been on one serious relationship, which didn't end that good.

"I understand that you're scared, y/n. That's totally fine." Ana gave me a comforting look.
"But he's not going to reject you."
"Exactly, that man adores you." Hailey continued. "And if you don't talk to him, we will."

I gave them a small smile. Maybe they were right. "Alright." I sighed, giving in.
"What was that?" Hailey asked, making me smile even bigger.

"Alright!" I practically yelled but since we were in a club it didn't really matter. "But I'll get something to drink first. You two have fun." Hailey and Ana looked at me, grinning as if they had just won the biggest price in the world.

They pulled me in a group hug. "Just in case, we won't see you again tonight." Hailey winked at me as I just laughed and turned to leave.

I made my way to the bar, ordering two shots as soon as I stood by the counter.
I thanked the bartender as she handed me the two glasses, leaving me by myself again.

"What are you doing here all alone, pretty lady?" I tense, turning to my left and relax as soon as I find a certain brown haired boy standing next to me.