8. ɪ ɢᴜᴇss ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ

The front door slammed shut, making me flinch slightly. Goosebumps spread on my arms making me shiver.

"Pedri?" I called out his name, making my way out of the kitchen. Confused I didn't get an answer I turned around the corner but wished I didn't as soon as I saw him.

"Oh, Pablo." I gave him an awkward smile which was quiet unnecessary since he didn't even give me a glance.
"Why are you already here?" I asked as he took off his shoes.

"Where's Pedri?" I asked a few seconds later since I still didn't get an answer.
He sighed taking off his jacket too.

I knew Pedri and him just had a game, his hair still slightly wet from showering.
Usually they came back together to their shared apartment I was currently staying in.

I couldn't use my apartment at the moment because of water damage, so Pedri as my best friend offered me to stay at theirs for the next days.
However since Pablo and I met last year we didn't really get along. I don't even know the reason he was always mean, since I didn't do anything to upset him but maybe he just didn't like me.

So as time passed I got used to his snaky remarks or that he ignored me completely at some days. Eventually I gave up on trying to be nice, sometimes also making little comments about him since it was hopeless to try and be friends with him.

"Hello?" I asked again crossing my arms over my chest. "You could at least say hi and then ignore me, no need to be so arrogant." Turning around to the sofa again, I stopped as soon as I heard his words.

"The only arrogant person here is you, y/n." I faced him again but he was already walking towards the kitchen, bumping his shoulder into me on his way.

"What's your problem?" Following him into the kitchen, I stopped at the kitchen counter standing right across from him.

"My problem?" He asked letting out a sarcastic laugh. "You know what my fucking problem is?" Putting both arms in front of him he leaned forward a little, his eyebrows raised as if the answer was already clear.

"Oh please, Pablo, enlighten me." I was furious but at the same time also a little afraid of what he was about to say. Sure, I got used to his behavior and comments over time but that didn't mean his comments never hurt.

When he first started making remarks about me I even found myself trying not to cry. I wasn't the most self confident person and somehow Pablo always seemed to hit a nerve, making me overthink everything I did.

"You." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Sure we didn't get along but why was I his problem?
"You're the fucking problem, y/n."

"How am I your problem?" I asked in disbelief. Was he serious right now?

"Oh my god." He mumbled under his breath.
"You're always getting on my nerves with your childish behavior." He started obviously getting angry. Or maybe he already had been when he came.
"I mean you're always seeking attention, it's so fucking exhausting. And now that you're staying here, I have to spend even more time with you. Let me tell you y/n, that's why you're my problem."

It seemed as for him the conversation was done, as he turned away from me.
"You're ridiculous" I called after him, confused as to why he was this angry.

His head snapped around, making me wonder how he didn't break his neck in the process.
"I'm ridiculous?" He asked in disbelief.
"Go look in a mirror, than you'll see what's actually ridiculous."

I knew his words shouldn't get to me, since he probably didn't even think about what he was saying in his kind of rage but still I felt my chest tightening at his words.