20 Ahaan

20 Ahaan

"Yes, Ahaan. I ate all of my medicine" Daadimaa deadpanned and squinted her eyes at me. I have been taking very extra care of daadimaa since the fainting episode, to which she was clearly annoyed. Yesterday, she almost hit me with her chimta, when I asked her to take a rest.

"fir so jaao, it's two-thirty in the afternoon, stop watching videos on Facebook"

I took the razai and tucked her in and increased the speed of the fan. I was about to go to my room when she called me.

"Ahaan, beta, come sleep next to me" I turned and shook my head.

Sleep seemed like a good option now, given that I was not able to sleep peacefully since after daadimaa fainted. I would wake up every after half an hour and check on her if she was doing okay or not. My days comprised of waking up, going to play at the university, checking on daadi maa from time to time, and trying to study, unsuccessfully.

And the fact that my sister was upset with me did not sit well in the situation, it made the situation worse. When I called her in the hospital, she comforted me and tries to calm me down but once daadimaa was back home, she gave me an earful, which made me cry, literally cry.

I did not talk to her after that. She did not call and I did not have the courage to call her too, I was embarrassed to speak to her again, knowing it was all my fault.

"Na daadi maa, I need to study-"

"Nothing will happen in an hour. Come sleep now"

I nodded and slept next to her, taking the razai. As soon as I closed my eyes, she started caressing my face lovingly. It took me everything to not cry in front of her. My eyes did water but I did not open them. I didn't want to trouble her.

***

I woke up to my phone vibrating in my pocket. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to actually wake up. Daadi maa was not next to me, I looked at the wall clock it was four in the evening. I had slept for almost one and a half hours, which felt so well.

I took out the phone and saw the caller Id. It was Ketki.

He-hello

Did you just wake up from sleep?

How did you know?

Your voice

You could tell?

um..yeah

Anyways, are you going to the practice today?

Haan but kya hua?

We were all thinking of going to the college fest, you want to come?

I don't know, I don't think I have time