24 Ahaan

24 Ahaan

Jaanu di finally came home.

I had practically begged her to come home and live with me. Thankfully she did not tell this to Daadi Maa, saving me from all the embarrassment.

I have not touched any of my textbooks since the tantrum. Jaanu di asked me not to study till the inter

"Ahaan, chal it's lunchtime." Jaanu di called me.

"Coming!" I shouted and got up from my bed. I haven't yet told Daadi Maa about skipping the attempt.

When I walked into the dining room, Daadi Maa was already there reading something on her phone, narrowing her eyes to read properly even after having her reading glasses on.

"Daadi maa, keep the phone aside," I said grabbing her attention. She smiled as she heard my voice and kept her phone aside, looking at me as I sat next to her.

"How is your preparation going? All good?"

"Yes good" I replied earning a death stare from my sister. I was scared to tell daadi maa, she would be so disappointed in me.

"And how is football practice going on?"

"Daadi maa, I don't play football, I play basketball" I groaned. She has called my game everything, from badminton to volleyball, but basketball. Every time she takes the name of the sport which has less and less similarity with basketball.

"Haan, it's the same thing, how is it going?"

"Good, I am the captain and even our coach said that he would select me to play state tournament if I don't discontinue"

"Do whatever you want but don't sideline the studies" she warned.

"You did not tell me that this is what your coach said? It would be best if you focused more on playing then, after all-" she was about to spill the beans but I cut her sentence before she could finish.

"I forgot!" I spoke quite loudly and almost too desperately the food stuck in my throat making me cough violently.

"Eat slowly, and don't talk while you have food in your mouth" Daadi Maa scolded me, patting me on my back while I drank water. As I stopped coughing my sister and I gave each other death stares.

I would have to tell Daadi Maa soon, or else Didi would tell her at the worst possible time.

***

"Ahaan, kya kha ke aaya hai bhai?" Nikunj asked, gasping for air and crouching down on to take a break.

We were practicing for our inter-faculty tournament, which was in a few days. Today's practice was the best, I was finally able to play without any tension or exam stress. There were no thoughts in the back of my mind while I was playing.