𝖑𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. thicker than water

( volume iii, chapter lxvii )

thicker than water

DILTON'S BUNKER & SUNNYSIDE TRAILER PARK

FEBRUARY 15TH, 2019

SOUTHSIDE RIVERDALE & RIVERDALE

''Seems like you guys had a hell of a night,'' Sweet Pea observed, glancing between Mia and Jughead.

The twins were relaxing in a Gladys-free zone after a rough couple of weeks since her return. A forgotten game of Monopoly was strewn between them as they shared a milkshake from Pop's.

The blonde smirked at the taller Serpent's statement, thinking back to earlier that evening. ''Indeed I did.''

''It was mainly Archie,'' her brother answered, wrinkling his nose in distaste at his sister's insinuations. ''What about you guys? Did you find anything?''

Fangs and Sweet Pea stared at each other for a moment, pity rising in their irises. ''Yeah. It's bad news, guys.''

The door to the trailer burst open as the twins toppled inside. Mia's emotions were a weird mixture between triumphant and furious. It turns out she had been right in her suspicions all along, but the little girl deep down in her fractured heart was crying buckets as her slithers of hope had once again been crushed to smithereens.

''Hey, just in time, you two. I'm making your dad's favourite — fried chicken,'' Gladys called from the kitchen among a myriad of sizzling sounds.

''He prefers Pop's.''

''We need to talk. We've been hearing rumours that you didn't move back to town to get the family back together, but instead to take the drug trade from Hiram Lodge.''

She halted in her movements, refusing to face her two eldest children for a few moments which felt like forever. When she finally did turn around, the blonde realised her mother was having great trouble keeping a poker face.

''You know . . . I never was one for small-town gossip.''

''Gossip is only considered gossip if it's true,'' Mia pointed out matter-of-factly, before grinning at her brother. ''And you always said my mean girl tendencies would never come in handy.''