𝖑𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. heathers

( volume iii, chapter lxviii )

heathers

RIVERDALE HIGH

MARCH 5TH, 2019

RIVERDALE

''Greetings, ❛Heathers❜ family,'' Kevin hummed, taking his seat in the director's chair. ''Now, before we start today, there's been a slight change to our creative team. You all know Evelyn Evernever has been helping me produce musical, but I've also asked Evelyn to step up and be my co-director.''

Evelyn skipped up to the front of the auditorium as Mia watched on with her perfectly-plucked brows furrowed. ''Yay!'' She chuckled. ''So fun!''

''Boo!'' The blonde yelled. ''If I had rotten tomatoes, I'd be throwing them at you right now.''

''What?'' Betty exclaimed, climbing aboard the hate train. ''Kevin, no. You always direct the musical alone.''

''Which has been incredibly stressful, Betty, especially after last year's . . . events.''

Fangs scoffed, his frown identical to Mia's pink pout as she nodded along at his words. ''Can we just not talk about Serena, please?''

''How about we do a run-down of everybody's parts and catch Evelyn up to speed?'' The Keller boy suggested.

''Naturally, I've been bestowed the role of HBIC, Heather Chandler,'' Cheryl grinned.

''I don't doubt your bitchy abilites, Cheryl, but isn't the role more fitting for Mia?'' Evelyn asked warily; she looked scared to open her mouth, as if she was about to get chewed out for her suggestion.

The redhead merely rolled her eyes. ''We're both the perfect candidates, actually.''

''However, the red wardrobe washes out my hair, so I'm playing Veronica Sawyer. Outcast, turned Heather, turned outcast again,'' the blonde declared. ''Do me a favour, Betty, and forget I ever compared you to her.''

''Hi, I'm Sweet Pea. Um, I'm playing JD, Veronica Sawyer's bad-boy love interest,'' the tall Serpent announced, looking everywhere but Cheryl's accusatory glare.