2 | Chapter

Where is it?

WHERE IS IT?!

HOW ON EARTH DID I MANAGE TO LOSE IT?!

Books tumbled down out of the locker, papers went flying without a care. Everything was ransacked, the once filled space turning up empty and void of what he sought so desperately. Other students in the corridor looked on at the sight as if he was a mad man, giving him and his scattered belongings a wide berth as they continued on their ways.

Tobias stood before his locker, distraught at the emptiness. He heaved a huge sigh, threading a trembling hand through his hair in an attempt to compose himself. The sudden influx of emotions he felt was overwhelming, panic being the main component threatening to drive him over the edge. Tobias haven't felt so strongly in years, and it was freaking him out. He needed to calm down before he completely loses it.

But the coin... how could I lose it? I always have it on me, in my hand too, more often than not!

Breathing deeply, Tobias steeled himself enough to realize the chaos he caused with his upset. He busied his hands with the clean up, while his mind worked overtime to figure out where exactly he could have lost the coin. The only possession Tobias owned that he cannot afford to live without. He'd become too dependent on it's abilities.

He needed to get it back, pronto. Maybe it could've wound up at lost and found? Worth a shot.

As soon as all his books were neatly put away in the locker, Tobias hurried to the office, wanting to check before the morning bell rang to signify the start of classes for the day. Curses spilled from his lips as others bumped into him, heightening his already frayed nerves. He had a passing thought that being emotionless might have been better than the frantic mess he was now with them.

This is not the time for panicking! I have to have my wits about me long enough to find the coin!

"Can I help you?" asked the cheery middle-aged woman, whose expression was too nauseatingly upbeat for Tobias to deal with right then.

"Lost and found," he cut straight to the chase, having never been fond of dancing around a subject.

"Oh, did yo-"

"I lost something, a coin. Was it turned in or not?" Tobias interrupted her, getting irritated with every passing moment. Apparently he lost all patience when concerning his coin.

The woman's face became sympathetic, nudging her glasses up her nose when it slid down. "I'm so sorry, dear. No one really turns in any money, they only turn in other useless, random junk. It's most likely that someone pocketed it for themselves, you know kids these days."

Tobias cursed under his breath, but turned to the woman again. "But it's not money. It has a picture of a wolf on it, a single image split into two and carved on either side. Are you certain nothing like that showed up?"

"It sounds beautiful, dear. I'm sure you'll fi-"

"JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!"

Geez, why are humans so incompetent?! All I asked was a simple yes or no question!

God, I wish I didn't lose the coin.

She jumped at his raised voice and gave him an ugly scowl for it. "Yes," she replied shortly, just as she could have done before. Tobias groaned in frustration and left the room empty-handed.

I don't know where else to look... His hands had violent tremors in them at this point, the lack of the coin taking a toll on his body. Tobias needed it so badly that he couldn't function without its constant presense and he was already spiralling. He'd sworn off making choices and as long as he had the coin, everything had been okay. Now he was lost and confused, not knowing what to do with himself. The mere thought of deciding on something was making his head spin.