CHAPTER 9

I woke up in a dark and empty room. My hands were tied to a wall and I was having a bad headache. Blood dripped from my head. I didn't know what happened. I called for help but a laugh as a reply instead. I looked around and I couldn't see anything because my eyes were still adjusting to the darkness. I saw a figure walking towards me. I screamed but still kept my head low because I was scared of his next move. The lights suddenly turned on and I saw men wearing all-black clothes. I covered their head to toes. 'Ahh yes, Francesca, as your name is. How are you? He asked with a cheeky smile. But I didn't reply because he cut me off with 'make sure your pinny husband gives me what he owes me or else you will never see daylight again'. I was confused and scared at the same time. What did he mean? I taught myself. I didn't have a husband at all. I only had a Boyfriend. Maybe he was talking about Lucas. I wasn't brave enough to ask what he was talking about. Tears were rolling down my eyes. I was still trapped here and I don't know what to do. My head continued to ache. It was so painful. 

                                           Suddenly the doors to the room burst open and almost 20 armed men came in Lucas. he was carrying an M16. He shot some of them while his men tackled the leader of the group to the ground. Lucas ran to me and untied the knots around my hands. He was a different kind of person now. I saw rage and fire in his eyes.  He was no more the soft boy I knew'.  I burst into tears and leaned my head on Lucas's hard chess. He held me tightly and I felt safe at that moment but once he saw blood on my head, he panicked. He carried me to his car and rushed me to a private hospital. He didn't even say a word in the car.

                I was checked into the hotel sharp at 1:30 p.m. Lucas was so worried. The doctor said I had a mild head injury and it wasn't serious even tho the blood kept on coming.  I saw relief in Lucas"s eyes when h heard that. I got a head plaster and was sent home by the doctors with some description. Lucas brought us to the car and calmed me down with a gentle kiss. So many questions were running through my head. At last, I couldn't keep it in anymore and burst out. 'Who was that'? I ask with a soft but harsh tone. "My enemy", he said with a clenched jaw. Tears were slowly coming out of my eyes. I was still shaken after what happened. I couldn't stop my tear. It was as if I couldn't control them anymore. 

                       Lucas stopped the car at the side of the road and looked me deeply in the eyes. I looked at him my face full of tears."Mon amour, I will make a promise to you right now and here. I promise to always protect you at all costs even if my life depended on it". he said while stroking my wet face with his veiny hands. He brought out a necklace from his pocket and gave it to me." when you went to the bookstore at the mall just now, I saw a shop selling beautiful necklaces and I taught of buying you one. I went there and got distracted and that was the biggest mistake of my life" he said giving me the necklace.  It had a silver chain and a red heart and most of all he customize it and wrote my name in the middle of it. It was beautiful and I loved it. I gave him a sudden kiss and wore it around my neck. He was shocked at what I did but went along with it.

                He got the car and drove back to the mansion. Lucas suddenly got a call and he answered it. He talked for a while then ended it. In it a fit of rage he just started cursing everywhere. I was annoyed but scared at the same time. First, he started with " fuck" then "bitch" and it went on. After he cooled down a bit, I asked him what happened and he said the enemy has escaped. I was confused but didn't ask more after that. He took the phone again and called someone. Once he's done with the call he said and I quote " I'm hiring bodyguards for you".I was even more annoyed now. " Lucas I'm not a baby anymore. I don't need bodyguards to follow me where ever I go". I said in a fit of rage". "Francesca Herlin Kart I'm not listening to you anymore. I need to protect you and no matter how much your hatting it I'm still gonna hire bodyguards for you" he said with a stern face. I slumped to the side not wanting to say anything anymore. We were quiet the whole journey.We reached the mansion after an hour. I got out and got ahead of him. He caught up and walk next to me but there was an inch of space between us. then suddenly Lucas's sister which was named Amanda came running and hugged Lucas. He didn't even flinch. "Maybe he was used to it", I taught. Amanda literally smirked when she hugged Lucas in front of me but I couldn't care less. She whispered something in his ears and he dashed in. I followed behind him.

                                    I went in and saw an unknown man sitting on a sofa. He was quite old and had wrinkles. I guessed him to be in his 60s or 70s. Lucas went in and hugged him. He looked at me confused. "I knew you would be here". the old man said. " who is this beautiful woman Lucas", he asked looking at me." My girlfriend", Lucas said looking at me from head to toe. I introduced myself and he was shocked."Sice when did you get a girlfriend Lucas," he asked shocked. " umm since, he said not really knowing how to answer and so I helped him out a little." since at work", I said smiling at the old man. " why that is lovely. Oh, where are my manners? I'm Lucas's and Amanda's dad Mr. Ronald Deevans. I came here to see Lucas if it's okay with you miss" he said. " of course" I said shooting him another big smile. " Well then dad. Come with me. Let's go to my room". Lucas said pointing to the room at the side. I didn't even notice that room since we got here. 

       Once both men left, Amanda sat next to me with her face filled with disgust. " Eww, I can't believe my brother got someone like you to be as a girlfriend. You are so hideous and don't think you belong in this family. I know you're only here because you want my brother's money but no you are not even gonna get a penny from him. You are so big I guess Lucas can't even carry you. uhh, you are such a big gold digger" she said walking away while leaving me in tears. While that, back in the room Lucas was standing while looking at a map while his father searched his phone for something important." Lucas, I came here for only one thing. I know you own the biggest mafia group in this city and I need your help" Ronald said with his stern tone. " anything for you dad", Lucas said smirking. " Someone is threatening my business and I need to know everything about them by tomorrow's sunset. Could you do that for me" Ronald said still scrolling through his phone. " you'll get him by sunrise", Lucas said with a stern look on his face.