The Harmony Restoration Movement

One Year Later

Their boat had just reached the Fire Nation coast. When Jade looked back on this last year, she realized just how much had happened. Considering all they'd done in the half-year before Sozin's Comet, it only made sense that they would keep trying to change the world.

Jade didn't think she'd changed too much in all the time that passed. Her hair was longer than it used to be and she was a few inches taller, but that was about it. Mentally, she considered herself the same person she was when the Fire Lord was defeated. Maybe that meant she still had to grow up a little more, or maybe it meant she was already pretty mature. Somedays the former seemed more likely, other days she could believe the latter.

But as for their team, that was something that had changed a little. Being the new Fire Lord, Zuko was now back in the Fire Nation. They didn't see him nearly as often any more. Only about once every few months, to be specific. And as for Toph, she'd split off from them to open up a metalbending school.

Jade, of course, had visited as soon as she was able. And she'd made up for all those months without telling Toph how amazing she was. Further proof that Jade was still Jade, really.

Having only started a few months ago, the Harmony Restoration Movement was still in its earlier stages. But they'd had no trouble moving the previous dozens of Fire Nation colonies, so that had to be a good sign, didn't it?

...Jade was going with yes.

This particular colony was a little more reluctant about moving. Leaving the Earth Kingdom seemed to be harder for them than it had for previous colonies. That much was especially clear when one of the little boys came over to tug the hem of Jade's shirt.

"Um...Miss Jade? Why do we have to leave our home? Did we do something wrong?"

Jade crouched at the boy's level. "No, of course not. The Harmony Restoration Movement is about bringing change. We're trying to make a better future, that's all." Smiling, she ruffled the boy's hair. "We just want to do what's best for everyone."

The boy blushed. Looking down, he smiled sheepishly before turning to run off. Jade watched him join the other kids, all of whom were entertaining themselves by playing with Miko.

"Better be careful, there, Jade." Sokka approached her with a smirk she recognized. "You'll make your boyfriend jealous."

Standing straight, Jade turned away from him. "Do you always have to be you, Sokka?"

Grinning, he draped his arm over her shoulders. "Aw, come on! You know you love me!"

"If I could stop, I would."

Jade didn't know if she could call her relationship a "change". She and Aang were just as they'd always been. Sure there were more "couple things" involved, but that was about it. A year ago, they were already as close as they could be, so that really just stayed the same. And Jade liked it that way.

They reached Fire Nation land about an hour later. After docking, everyone worked to unload all the boxes and bags. This colony was particularly big, so it was a job to say the least.

Carrying one of the boxes with Katara, Jade glanced up to where Miko sat on top of it. "Thanks, Miko. You're being a big help."

Miko barked a cheerful response.

"Stop! Stop unloading!" Peekig over her shoulder, she spotted some Fire Nation soldiers. "You're colonials?"

Katara and Jade set the box down so they could share a glance. Mayor Nishi of the colony looked no less confused than them. "Yes..."