𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟖

I started my walk to the pizzeria, my feet hurting from the heeled shoes William had left for me. They were pretty but had no practical use, and I definitely wouldn't be able to do my job properly today. That wasn't going to help calm down William's mood, especially since I was already late.

I walked through the small park that was across the road from the pizzeria, taking my time to look at all of the greenery and animals that were there. It was one of my favourite places to go, maybe me and William could come here one day, just to chill.

I reached the end of the park, and looked both ways across the road to make sure it was safe to cross. But when I looked to my right, I saw William holding a bin bag, with some red liquid dripping out of the bottom of it. I felt a shiver run down my spine, as I realised why the pizzeria was getting all those lawsuits.

I crossed the road and walked to the front door, praying William didn't notice me staring at him over there. Luckily for me, he didn't, but I still felt nervous as I walked inside. I couldn't get the look on his face out of my head, I don't think I've ever seen him so serious. He was staring right at me, but didn't realise I was there, or he didn't think it was me.

The pizzeria was just as busy and bustling as usual, and I debated going to greet some of the guys, but I knew what I needed to do. I had to find Henry and tell him about what happened. He had entrusted me to find out what the cause of these lawsuits were, and I wasn't about to let a good friend down. So, I made my way to his office.

I walked down the familiar corridor where both of their offices were, and I knocked on the sage green door to my right. I heard a small voice from inside beckon me to come in. 

I entered the room, and shut it carefully behind me. I could see Henry watching me, his usual smile plastered on his face. ''Ah, Y/n! Lovely to see you, how can I help you?'' He asked me, a jolly tone to his voice. I sat down on the chair in front of his desk, and took a deep breath in.

I found my leg start to shake, as I spluttered on my words. ''Henry- I-'' I tried to tell him about what I saw, but I felt tears well in the corner of my eyes. Henry noticed this, and immediately comforted me. ''Hey, Y/n, What's wrong? Please, tell me. I can help you I'm sure!'' He asked me, and I looked straight into his eyes, my leg still bouncing.

''Henry, I think I found out what, or should I say WHO is causing all of those lawsuits.'' I said, my eyes becoming shiny from the teary coating they were covered in. It was at that moment, that Henry's face turned from concerned but joyous, to deadly serious. He sat up properly in his chair and spoke in a serious tone. ''You did? Please, tell me Y/n, this is very important information.'' He asked me, pulling out a pen and paper.

''Well, just now as I was crossing the road to enter the pizzeria, I saw somebody near the bins around the side of the building. They were holding an oddly shaped binbag that had red liquid oozing out the bottom of it.'' I explained, and Henry jotted it down. I looked at his face once again, and we both shared a look of fear as he realised what was going on. ''Don't tell me it was...'' He said, tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

''If you and I are thinking of the same individual, then yes, 𝒉𝒊𝒎.'' I told him, and Henry pressed his hand to the bridge of his nose, pinching it. He took his glasses of and wiped his eyes, slowly coming to the realisation that his best friend and business partner was a murderer.

''I'm so sorry, Henry. I don't want to believe it either.'' I comforted him, and he flashed a weak, but genuine smile at me. We sat in silence for a minute, until Henry spoke in a low tone. ''We have to report this to the police, otherwise he'll keep doing it.'' He said, and my heart dropped. ''No, we don't have to, right? Can't we just talk to him and try to reason with him-'' I asked, desperately trying to find another way to handle this. But Henry snapped.

''IF YOU LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THIS, THEN YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS HIM, Y/N. I KNOW YOU LOVE HIM, BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE, IT'S EITHER TURN HIM IN AND LIVE A FULL LIFE, OR LET HIM CONTINUE AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COUNTLESS DEATHS!'' Henry shouted at me, causing the whole restaurant to fall silent, and tears formed in my eyes. I brought my hands up to my face and cried.

I cried for Henry, for myself, for the children who were slaughtered, but also for William. I knew he was a bad person, but I didn't want 𝒎𝒚 William to be taken from me. But I also didn't want to carry that kind of guilt on my shoulders for the rest of my life. The decision lingered in my mind while I cried, creating scenarios of how both decisions would play out after I made them.

After about 5 minutes of me weeping, I wiped my eyes and looked up at Henry, who had a sympathetic look on his face. ''Look, Y/n, I know this is a difficult decision for you... But I promise me if you choose to go with him it will cause you nothing but problems. We can get him the help he needs, and give those children the justice they deserve.'' He reasoned with me, and I considered going with him, but my heart said otherwise.

I nodded, and looked him dead in the eyes, my expression turning from one of desperation, to one of certainty. I grinned at him, and laughed quietly. ''Oh, Henry. You show me a valid point, and I really want to help you catch him in this...'' I explained, and was cut off by Henry. He squealed in joy and hugged me, but I shoved him off, causing him to land on the floor.

''I wasn't finished.'' I spoke down to him, balling my hands into fists. I looked down to where he sat on the floor, and he looked back up at me. His face full of confusion. ''As I was saying, I would like to help you put William behind bars, but I simply can't betray my love like that. William has done nothing but treat me with kindness, whereas you simply assigned me with a task and thought nothing of me other than someone who was willing to do his bidding.'' 

I explained my point to Henry, and his eyes slowly widened as I told him my feelings and desires towards William. ''Y/n... I thought that you wanted to help me..?'' Henry spluttered, on the verge of tears. I laughed at him as the tears ran slowly down his face.

''That's the problem with you Henry, you trust too much.'' A deep voice said from behind us. I instantly recognised it as William's. Henry's eyes flicked to where he was standing in an instant, and his tears turned to that of rage. I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist as William embraced me. I leant back into his chest, as Henry looked up at us with a look of rage and horror on his face.

[𝟷𝟸𝟿𝟾 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 - 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚢𝚊𝚢!! 🎉]