𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟏𝟏

It finally came, the day I had dreaded for the last couple of days I had spent in this wretched prison, the day of mine and William's trial. I was almost certain we were going to be proven guilty, and sentenced to prison time, I could see it coming a mile off, I just hope they'll let us be in the same cell...

I was lead through large wooden doors, and into an even larger courtroom. The jury seats were filled to the brim, and there were police officers and security personnel scattered throughout the room. I was taken to a podium, where I stood with William. I smiled up at him lovingly, and he returned my expression.

Our handcuffs were removed and the room went silent. I grasped hold of William's hand and he held it tight. A big, burly man came to the middle of the room and started to speak. 

𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒓𝒚, 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳/𝒏 𝒗𝒔 𝑬𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚. 𝑩𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒅.

He finished addressing the room, and stepped back, standing next to the podium where the judge sat. She tapped her gavel on the disk and informed us that the session was about to start. ''Mr Emily, if you would, please tell us why we are all here today.'' The judge asked Henry, and he nodded. ''Well, your honour, my so called friends here - Mr Afton and Miss L/n - have both killed numerous people. They also both assaulted me, one attack lead to me being hospitalised for a short time.'' He explained, and the jury made a lot of ooh's and aah's upon hearing this. 

I squeezed William's hand tighter, slowly becoming more and more nervous as he continued to explain, in quite graphic detail, what our crimes were. After he had finished, the judge's mouth hung agape in shock. I looked over to William, who was smirking. Did this man really have to start being hot while we were in court? I mean he was always hot but...

I was snapped out of my thought by the judge smacking her gavel down on the disk multiple times in a fit of rage. She turned to look at me and William, who hadn't moved a muscle since we entered the room. ''How dare you two! How dare you do this! This poor man let you into his life, he trusted you, and let you work at his establishment! And this is how you repay him! You are both sick, and twisted.'' She reprimanded us, and I wrapped my arms around William's arm, and buried my face in his chest. He placed a hand on hy head and started to stroke my hair.

''Shh, it'll be ok love, we'll face whatever comes our way together, don't worry.'' He comforted me, and I nodded, removing my face, but not my arms, from him. He turned his attention back to the judge. ''Well, actually, your honour, it was MY establishment too. We are co-owners.'' He corrected her, still smirking. He moved his arm that I was holding on to and placed it around my waist, pulling me close to him.

The judge's eyes twitched with rage, and she threw her gavel on the desk she was sitting at. ''How dare you correct me in my own courtroom! How can you sit there, and smugly comment while you're the one who is on trial? Surely, who owns the building isn't the biggest of your concerns right now?! And the fact that you can still stand there and comfort your lover is absolutely astonishing, you calmly tell her that it will be ok, when she will probably rot in jail for the rest of her life.'' She screamed at us, and I felt a tear run down my face, but I didn't show any signs of sadness. William saw this and pulled me close, burying my face in his chest.

''Yes, I know that will probably happen. But can you really blame me for being in love? It is only natural, and how could I resist a little thing such as her...'' He said, cradling my head with his hand. I could hear the judge slam her fist on the table. ''That is it! You, William Afton, are sentenced to the death penalty!'' She shouted, smacking her gavel on the disk, to show that the final decision was made.

I looked up at William, who's face had turned deathly pale. His eyes were wide and he looked down at me, the same fear flooded my face as I realised what was going to happen. Tears started to stream down my face as I started to scream and cry. He hugged me, pulling me close as I wailed into his chest.

I don't think I have ever cried so many tears in my life, I couldn't handle the fact that the love of my life was going to be taken away so soon, all of our plans, our dreams, our goals, were wiped away with the bang of a gavel.

I pulled away from his chest, still sobbing, and I turned to the judge, who had a look of shock, sympathy and disgust on her face. ''Your honour, if you wouldn't mind, please spare Mr Afton's life, I cannot go on living without him! Please, I beg of you!'' I pleaded with her, and her face turned to an expression of stone cold seriousness. ''I am sorry, Mrs L/n, my decision has been made, he must be executed.'' She solemnly told me, and more tears streamed down my face. I looked over at Henry, who was looking at me and William, a look of sorrow and shock on his face.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and gripped William tighter. ''Well, if you cannot remove him from death row...'' I began, and I turned to look at William, who had realised what I was going to say. He moved one of his hands to my face and tears were welling in his eyes as well. ''Please, love, you cannot do this! Think about what you are saying, you have so much to live for, please rethink this!'' He pleaded with me, but I just placed my hand on his face and smiled weakly, but meaningfully. ''Don't worry, Will. I will be fine, as long as I am with you.'' I whispered to him, and his face softened, and he pulled me close. I turned my head towards the judge, and the jury. ''If you cannot release him from death penalty, then, please, let me be executed with him.'' I said, and the jury, Henry and the judge's faces turned to ones of shock.

''Miss L/n, are you sure about this? Mr Afton is a bad man, and you can live a peaceful life of rehabilitation without him. Surely you cannot love a man like him.'' She tried to reason with me, but I just pulled myself even closer to William and shook my head. ''Please let me, think of it as my final wish. I would be nothing without him, so it is better for me to actually be nothing than just feel like it but still be alive, I would never be able to live with myself knowing thatw e did not die together. Do it, for me, for mine and William's love, let us pass on together. Whether that be peacefully or inhumanely.'' I explained to her, and by the end of it, she was crying herself.

''I-I... Okay, just know that one I slam down this gavel, there's no turning back?'' She reminded me, and I nodded, burying my face once again into William's chest. He hugged me tight as we waited for the dreaded sentence. ''I hereby sentence both Mr Afton and Miss L/n, to the death penalty.''