Chapter Seventeen

"But I don't understand I'm fine now." Katy said aloud to her parents. "Honey you aren't fine your really sick." Her mother explained. "Honey you need to listen to your mother." Katy's father said to his daughter.

Luke was outside the door waiting to be called back into the room. He noticed a doctor walking towards the room. "Hello sir, are you family to this young girl?" The doctor asked him. "I'm her boyfriend and I'm the one who found her." He said to the doctor.

"If you hadn't found her she might not have made it." The doctor said. Just hearing that have him a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. "You saved her life, she's lucky to have someone like you." The doctor said.

As he walked into the room with Katy's doctor her parents welcomed the both of them in. "You gave everyone quite a scare young lady." Her doctor said. "Yes, but I'm fine now right doctor?" Katy asked him in denial. "Actually that's what I'm here to talk to you all about." The doctor explained in a serious tone.

Lucas walked over to Katy and took the seat that was next to her hospital bed. "I don't know if you're aware but your daughter passed out because she was taking a large amount of supplements and detox/diet pills along with too much caffeine." The doctor explained.

"Wait a minute Doc, this isn't the first time she passed out." Her mother said to the doctor. "When was the first time?" He asked. "A couple of weeks ago." Her father said. "Based on my knowledge and experience, I have seen this case many time before." The doctor said to all of them.

"So doctor what's going on?" Dylan asked. "We ran quite a bit of tests and examinations on her since she's been here. The doctor said. "Katy you are Bulimic." The doctor said. The words, "Katy you are Bulimic" just kept playing over and over inside her head.

*********
  "Luke I need to ask you something and you have to be honest with me." Katy said to him. "I think I know what this is about." Luke said. "You were the one who found me right?" She asked him. "Yes Babygirl I was and I'm glad I did." He explained as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

Every one else left the room to give the couple some space to talk to each other. "I wonder what my parents must think of me now." She said to him. "That doesn't matter." He told her. "I never meant for things to come to this." She explained to him. "It's going to be okay, you'll get through this I know you will." He said to her.

"I have a feeling I'm going to be here for a while." She said to him. "I'll come see you every day as long as we're together." He said. "You don't have to do that Babe." She told him. "Don't say that." He said to her. "I've been with you through all of this and I'm not going to leave now." He reassured her.

**********