𝒊.

Acaia

I swirled my whiskey filled glass around in my hand, my eyes focused on the clock infront of me. I tapped my foot on the stool I was sat on as laughter from the men and women surrounding me entered my ears.

I was the only one sat at the bar, the only one who knew who the bartender really was.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" The bartender questioned me. I could see straight through his kindness as I took another sip from my drink. I ignored him, my eyes still focused on the clock. 3 minutes.

"Why aren't you running?" I questioned him, finally making eye contact. He seemed younger than me. He definitely was not old enough to work in a bar, the boy looked merely 16. He had curly black hair and innocent doe eyes. In a way, I felt bad for the boy. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me he had volunteered for the job he is apart of.

He remained quiet, breaking the eye contact. "Your not allowed to leave, are you?" I scanned my eyes over his body. I soon spotted the timer strapped to his waist, which was hidden under his grey checkered shirt. I swallowed down the bile in my throat. The bomb that was meant for me, was planted on him.

"Would you like an easy way out?" He immediately nodded at more offer as I sighed, pulling out my gun. "Are you sure you want this, kid?" He took in a sharp breath as he stared at the gun, before he looked back over to me. "Yes."

I pulled off the safety, shooting him right in between his eyes. 2 minutes. Screams erupted around me as everyone hurried to run out of the bar.

I moved over to the furthest corner from the bartender, so that when the bomb went off, if I was to die, it would take longer to affect me. 1 minute.
I took one last sip of my whiskey before placing the cup on the table.

I couldn't help but want to laugh. What type of mafia has that many snitches within them. I looked over towards the door, wondering why I wouldn't just run out of them now. I had atleast 25 seconds, surely that would be enough time to get far enough away.

But I remained in my seat. Deep down I knew I wasn't going to die.

Everything felt as though it happened in slow motion. The explosion wasn't big, but due to the alcohol surrounding it the flames grew quickly.

I leaned forward, pulling out a cigarette from my pocket as I lit it on the fire surrounding me. I took a puff before swiftly dodging the flames. I walked out of the bar, taking another puff from my cigarette as I spotted my brother and bestfriend running towards me in the distance.

"Acaia!" Belle shouted towards me, the blonde girl almost falling over in her heels several times. "What on earth is wrong with you! We told you hours ago about the bomb being their, why would you still go?! You arsehole!" Her english accent peeked through as she slapped me lightly on the face. "I for once, agree with the crazy lady." Nikolai calmly spoke, his eyes on the burning pub behind me. I dropped my cigarette, crushing it into the ground.

"You always agree with the crazily lady." Nikolai rolled his eyes, dismissing my comment. Nikolai had been in love with Belle since we was 8 and he was 10, but he continued to deny it.

"So, are you not going to give us a reason?!" Belle continued as we began walking towards Nikolai's car. "I wanted to see who he planted the bomb on." I responded, earning an eye roll from Belle.

"One day, your actually going to blow up, you know?" I ignored her comment, pulling out my phone. Several missed calls from Belle, Nikolai, Ilias, Leo, Matvei and an unfamiliar number.

My eyebrows furrowed as I got into the front seat, calling the number back. After the 3rd ring, someone answered. "Hello Miss Kuznetsov."A innocent voice spoke through the receiver. "Who is this?" I asked.

"Mr Alonso would like to meet with you. Tomorrow morning, 10am. Lockwood Tea Rooms." She spoke. I didn't say anything else, hanging up the phone.

What the fuck did the Spanish mafia want with me?