𝒙𝒊𝒊.

Ronan

          Me and Acaia stared starstruck at Benjamin's deceased body in front of us.

          Only one bullet had came, almost like it was planned.

          "Are you okay?" I questioned Acaia once I was able to speak. She nodded, grabbing a cloth from the table as she wiped the blood off of her face.

          I copied her actions when suddenly, every maid and guard in the room curtsied in front of us.

          The man who was stood beside Benjamin pulled out a letter, handing it over to Acaia.

             I watched as she opened it before leaning over, reading it aswell.

             A small smirk formed on my face but I remained silent.

           A queen. That's hot.

༊*·˚

Acaia

          It had been four days since I became the fucking queen of a mafia I wasn't even born into.

            It had been awfully weird, and I felt so much pressure all of a sudden. Hundreds of people relied on me to keep them alive now, and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

          Surprisingly, Ronan had helped me through it a lot. And even more surprisingly, was that I was still the next heir for the Russian throne.

          I was still trying to figure out why Benjamin had handed the throne to me, when I wasn't blood to him. Not even a friend in the slightest.

           Of course, his three children had reached out,  — even Jameson, who had been released after Benjamin's death — but they weren't awfully sad for the man's death. They didn't even come to his funeral. Benjamin had simply given them enough money to not be mad that they hadn't been given the throne.

            Today, I was meeting the mystery girl Benjamin had spoken about. I would say i've read her file, but it was void. Not even a picture, nor a name.

            Only two people had ever met her. Benjamin and my new right hand. Rhys 'Buck' Buckley. He was the biggest jokester ever, which was weird, seeing as this was his line of work.

           I now walked along side the blue eyed boy, flattening out my long fur coat. I had kept my outfit simple, wearing a long sleeved back dress with tights and my favourite black heels.

           "Where is she, Buck?" I questioned, my loose black curls flowing in the wind.

          "She should be arriving any moment. There was a delay with travel." Buck spoke from ten steps behind me. It was a weird, and a tradition I hadn't noticed seeing as my father was far too stubborn to ever have anyone at his side.

        "I thought you said no one apart from you and Benjamin had ever met her."

            "That is correct. When travelling, she wears a black mask and glasses to hide her identity." I couldn't help but have so many questions.

             Just as I opened my mouth to speak, I heard Buck give a greeting, "Hello, ma'dam." My guesses was that she had just arrived.

           I don't bother turning around as the girl stops beside me. "Hello Miss Kutnetsov. I am Aria Black. I'm always at your service for whatever you need — despite my lack of in person appearance."

         I looked down to my right. Aria was around 5'2, if that. From what I could see, she looked no older than 14.

            "What are you, a robot?" I joked, referring to the tone of voice she used and the way of words. She didn't laugh. Her face didn't even twitch in reaction.

            "That was a joke, kid." She remained quiet. Awkward. "Okay, if you wanna play the professional way let's do that. What use were you to Benjamin? How did he get you?"

           "I have an IQ of 179. That alone sparked his interest in me." She plainly responded. "And how exactly did you end up with him?" I repeated.

            I could feel the sudden tenseness in the air. "Both of my parents are deceased. Arson. The person who set the fire on my home was never found. My mom was an only child, with no siblings herself and deceased parents. I never met my fathers side of the family and when they were searched for, they were never found. I had no god parents, so into the foster home I went. I soon got adopted by a happy couple. Marigold and Kroyd. They were always very secretive and had their guard up, but they were good people. Or so I thought." By now, me and Aria had began taking a walk through the palace grounds.

             It was rather weird, actually. Whilst my father's 'palace' was the tallest building in America, with the biggest underground warehouse, the American mafia had a palace.

            "One night, when I was 10, I woke up to shouting coming from downstairs. It was then followed by two gunshots. When I walked down then stairs, their bodies were the first things I saw. I was feeling such mixed emotions that I hadn't even realised I had been taken out of the house. When I finally snapped back into reality, the first face I saw was Benjamin's. He immediately explained to me what happened. It turns out, the oh so innocent Marigold and Kroyd were apart of a huge sex trafficking organisation. They were among the many people who adopted kids, made them feel loved, then sold them." Her voice was normal, as if it didn't affect her.

          I halted, causing her to stop too. "Your a strong girl, Aria." I voiced. "Where are you living right now?"

            Aria shrugged, "Here and there." I chuckled, "Here and there?" Aria remained quiet. "I tell you what kid, you can come live with me."

          "Oh no, Miss Kutnetsov, I don't want to be no bother—" She began, loosing that formality in her voice.

             "No, I insist. And please, call me Acaia."

༊*·˚

M speaks !

buck's face claim is oliver stark.
yes he is named after evan buckley
because i love that man. also, he is
so fine

aria's face claim is isabella sermon
(for now at least) i just feel like she
fits aria best