𝒊𝒙.

Acaia

           "M'lady." Ronan smirked as he opened the passenger car door, holding his hand out towards me.

             I took his hand into my grasp as I carefully pulled myself out of the car, praying I didn't face plant — seeing as the dress was rather heavy.

             The sound of music and chatter soon entered my ears as Ronan rested a hand on the small of my back, guiding me into the building.

           "Acaia!" A familiar voice shouted in my direction. Me and Ronan span around in sync. A forced smile formed on my face when I spotted Havana.

           She was the Romanian Mafia princess and I had grew up along side the girl, but she was rather annoying.

              "Havana." I pretended to return the same enthusiasm as she pulled me in for a bone crushing hug. "Hey." I croaked out, desperately trying to get out of the hug. "Havana, I can't breath."

             "Oh! Sorry!" She quickly pulled away, still smiling brightly. "Is this your boyfriend?" She questioned, noticing Ronan.

              A pink flush went to my cheeks as I quickly shook my head. "What? Him? No. No way." Ronan chuckled at this response, not letting my words hurt his ego.

             "I'm Havana. Havana Delgado." She held her hand out for him to shake, but instead, he kissed it. "Ronan Alonso."

            Havana opened her mouth to speak again, but at the sound of someone shouting for her, she mumbled a few goodbyes before hurrying away.

           "You don't like her, do you?" Ronan spoke up as we watched the brunettes descending body. "She's nice enough, just very very annoying."

           "Anyway, I want to go home as soon as possible so I suggest we split up. Benjamin supposedly only came here with his wife and two guards. You deal with his wife and the guards, i'll deal with him." Ronan hummed in response as the music changed.

            Ronan looked towards me with a grin. "No." I sternly spoke before he could even open his mouth.

           "Oh come on Acaia, just one dance? Please?" He gave me puppy dog eyes, which reminded me exactly of Belle's. I physically couldn't say no.

           "Fine." He smiled brightly, causing me to bite back my own smile. God, his smile was so contagious.

           He carefully held onto my hand was we made our way into the middle of the dancing crowd. He rested his hand on my waist whilst I had mine wrapped around his shoulders.

            I now took in the time to scan his facial features. He looked a lot different from the last time I had seen him. His cheeks always seemed to be rosey, it was rather cute actually.

          He use to have a chubbier face, but now it was much more defined. His eyebrows were dark and full, making his green eyes stand out. I had never seen prettier eyes. They had a small splash of hazel within them and a few darker shades of green as well.

          I was snapped out of my trance as he spoke. "Finished staring?" I rolled my eyes, trying to ignore the burning sense on my cheeks. I prayed that he didn't see the blush scattered over my cheeks.

           "Shut up." I mumbled, earning a light laugh in response. As everyone began turning their partners away, I landed in an elder man's arms.

           My eyes widened when I registered who it was, though I played it cool, wondering if he recognised me.

           But of course, the world wasn't on my side. "Acaia." The man began, his voice full of enthusiasm. "Benjamin."

           "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Acaia." He smiled, but I didn't mirror the action. "Can't say the same for you."

           He ignored my comment. "You are aren't an easy kill, are you? I mean, now you have the big bad wolf at your side it seems to be even harder — he has always been my biggest problem. Though, I do wonder, do you know of what his father did to your mother?"

          My stomach dropped at the mention of my mother, my blood boiling. I didn't hesitate as I pulled my knife out of my small purse, holding it to his throat. This action took him by surprise as he quickly looked around. So did I, but only with my eyes. Nobody was looking at us, this was my chance.

          But I needed an answer before I killed him.

          "What do you know of about my mother? What did he do to her?" I snarled, digging the knife deeper into his throat as he chuckled. Though his eyes shone with fear, he still smirked.

            "Oh, Acaia. You must have mistaken that I fear death. Or more so, that I would die tonight." I hadn't even realised he had reached into his pocket as he showed me a small device that had a button attached to it. I stared at it with confusion.

           "You'll never know the truth of your mothers death, Acaia." He taunted as he pressed the button. Suddenly, a bomb went off, causing me to loose my grip on the man as I crashed down into the floor.

          I expected him to sneak up on me so he could finally finish what he had been set out to do for months. I expected a stab in the back. But Benjamin never came.

           And I was left in the middle of the burning room, surrounded by frightened and panicked people, wondering what ever had happened to my mother.

༊*·˚