𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊.

Acaia

"Bel help me tie it up!" I shouted from my closet as I stared into the mirror. It was the night of the ball and seeing as Belle had decided against coming, the least she could do was help me.

She slowly dragged herself into the walking in closet, beginning to tie the lace. "Make sure to make it nicely presented, Bel." I scolded, knowing she was doing a sloppy job. She simply hummed in response before redoing it.

After a few moments, she slapped my back, letting me know she was done. I stared at my reflection with my mouth wide slightly. The dress was beautiful and fit me perfectly, but it gave me so much deja vu. Too much.

"I can't wear this Belle, I can't." I breathed out as Belle span me round to face her. She placed her pale hands either side of my face as she looked up to me. "If you don't, he might get mad and this alliance may go to shit. You cant risk it, you'll be dead within a few months if Benjamin carry's on this way."

I sighed, knowing she was right. I didn't want to die, truthfully. I think many people say they want to die and wish for their death to come sooner, but when it does come knocking on their door, they share the same fear as everyone else.

"Okay, whatever." I huffed, refusing to look at my reflection again. The party was masquerade themed, meaning everyone had to wear a mask. Ronan hadn't included one in the package, but he had sent me an email saying I could choose whatever one I wanted and charge it to his business.

So I did just that. I loved the one I had chosen. It was black, with many sparkles and diamonds on it. It was a half eye mask, so the left side of my face was basically fully visible.

I sat down at my desk as Belle began curling my hair. "Do you think he done it intentionally?" I questioned the blonde girl. "One hundred percent. I mean, it's pretty much the exact same as the dress." I sighed, placing on my jewellery.

"But why would he do that?" Belle shrugged in response. "Maybe he wants you." Belle wiggled her eyebrows as I scoffed. "No. This alliance is just so we both don't end up dead. It'll all be over in a few months." I responded, waving my arm around. Belle remained quiet, but I knew she didn't agree with me.

༊*·˚

"Done!" Belle exclaimed with a smile as she handed me my mask. I stared at my reflection, happy with the result. I put on some more red lipstick before chucking it over to Belle, knowing she'd put it in my bag.

At the sound of a knock on the door, I stood up. "Come in!" Iris poked her head around the door, with a thin lipped smile on her face. "Mr. Alonso is here." I nodded in response, "Thank you, Iris."

The elder woman closed the door as Belle handed me my small bag. I opted against wearing a coat, seeing as nothing could really hide this puffy ballgown."Do I look okay?"

Belle nodded, kissing my cheek. "Have fun, Cai." I simply sent her a smile before leaving the room. I always found the sound of heels clicking so satisfying as I made my way down the stairs, not expecting Ronan to be stood there.

My breath hitched slightly as he looked at me, with the smallest smirk on his face. He was wearing an all black suit, with a basic black eye mask, which made his green eyes shine. He made my father, who was stood beside him, look tiny. He had to be at least 6'2.

"You look beautiful, printsessa." My father complimented me as I sent him a small
smile. "I'll see you later." I farewelled the elder man as I left the house with Ronan. "Your fathers right, you look gorgeous." I remained quiet.

༊*·˚

Ronan

"You look good in that gown as well." I continued as my eyes roamed over her body. In the dark, the ballgown shimmered. "Well it doesn't exactly bring back the best of memories." I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

From what I could remember, nothing bad happened that night. I was informed that although a gunshot went off, nothing actually happened and there was no casualties.

Maybe it was because her mother died a few weeks after from an illness? Maybe it was because I abandoned her that night? But it wasn't my fault, my father dragged me away.

I opted on staying quiet as I opened the passenger car door for her to get in, she mumbled a quick thank you before I closed the door.

I made my way round to the drivers side as I got in, pulling out of the Kutnetsov residents.

༊*·˚

M speaks !

i cant wait to write Roman's
point of view of what happened the
night Acaia's mum died