Chapter 5

Run. Run, run, run.

Kokomi was still on her way to Amakane Island. She was halfway from Kannazuka to Amakane Island. She tried not to look back, but did for a split second as she ran. All the soldiers were just standing there.

No worries. She only had to get to Amakane Island quick, before they could do anything.

Some minutes later, she arrived. As she stepped into the land, she finally fell down to the ground to catch her breath for some seconds.

After some time she stood up, while still walking and putting her hand on her sides. While walking through the festival stalls, she could see Narukami Island ahead of her. Fortunately, it was one of the only islands in Inazuma that was truly close to another.

She looked up, breathed deep for a second and started running again. Some distance before she could touch the water, she cast her spell again, and could keep on running on the water as if it were land.

Within a minute or two, she was there. She only needed to go left, back to Ritou, where she... could've used the route earlier.

Instead of running on, she walked, quickly and impatiently. She still was holding her sides, they were hurting a lot. She just hoped to get there soon even though she was just walking.

Soldiers from the Tenryou Commission were still looking around. She began to pick up her pace.

The change in speed made her sides ache a little more. She clutched her sides yet again, squeezing her eyes shut and trying not to make a sound.

«There's nothing to worry about. That's not the major issue here.»

She still looked to her right, where all the soldiers and representatives were. She didn't seem to be discovered for now.

Then the small red tree grove appeared in her sight again. She was closer, and closer.

When she finally passed it, she looked out over the docks. She inspected the boats first, to see which would be big enough to get in. Then, saw if there were any members of the Tenryou and Yashiro Commissions around.

The boats were all quite small. She quickly got out of her hiding spot to go consult the sailors.

"Excuse me", she said, "is this ship sailing to Liyue Harbor?"

"Huh? Yes, why is it?", a sailor replied, moving some boxes around.

"That's great. Is this ship fully occupied or could I get on?", she asked.

"There are not many people on board. You could get on, of course, but first ask the captain the prices-", he cut himself off when he turned around. "O-oh, my! It's Sangonomiya Kokomi! E-excuse me, you can get on the boat", he said, making the way for her.

"There she is. Get her!", a female voice ordered with her strong voice.