Chapter 7

You woke up in the morning by the sunbeams directly into your face. You turned to face the wall, in an attempt to escape the sunlight.

From what you could hear, Kazuha seemed to do the same. His noises of complaint proved it.

You stayed there for a while, trying to fall asleep but without success. You decided to give up and finally get up.

You stretched as you stood up.

"Good morning, Kazuha", you said. "What do you think about going straight to breakfast today?"

"Good morning." He said, calm as ever. "I share the same thought as you. My stomach finally emptied after not eating a proper meal for a good amount of time. We should get ready to go to breakfast."

"Thank you", you said, going to the bathroom. You looked in the mirror and fixed your hair a bit, washed your face and changed your clothes.

When you came out, you found that you couldn't see Kazuha anywhere in the room.

"Huh...?", you said. You kept looking around, and walked forward in an attempt to check places where you couldn't see from the door frame.

You turned around again, and you realized he was changing behind the panel divider. You noticed it, as you saw part of his skin from the sides.

He came out, fully dressed.

"Let's go", he said, finishing fixing his clothing.

You walked out of the room, and closed it with your keys. You made your way to the elevator, as the stairs were under repair.

When you got to the restaurant outside, you chose a table to sit at. It was a table with three seats, and Kazuha sat to your right.

You put your elbow on the table, and rested your face in your hand. You realized a waitress was walking up to you and you looked up. It was the same lady that had seen you before and told you to take the elevator.

"Good morning! I'll bring you the menu right away", she said, heading back as soon as she said that. When she returned, she handed the menu to both of you.

You saw the name of different dishes of the Liyue cuisine. You had only heard of a few of them.

"Fullmoon Egg... Lotus Flower Crisp...", you read out loud. "Lotus Seed and Bird Egg Soup, Pop's Teas, Universal Peace, and the well-known Almond Tofu."

"Hm...", Kazuha thought out loud.

"Although the Lotus Seed and Bird Egg Soup is recommended for its nutritional value, as it says here, I think I'll choose the Lotus Flower Crisp", you said after reading the descriptions of each dish.

"The Universal Peace seems good to me. It maintains perfect balance between soft and fragrant rice and all kinds of carefully selected sweet ingredients. Such a dish cooked with care is perfect for me", Kazuha said.