Life story(nanami x reader)🌸

Nanami kento was a normal man , tired of his life . He was'nt content with it but he couldn't say he was disappointed either . He didn't mind the idea of rest of his life looking the same way it already does, afterall he knew he wouldn't be living long .

Why you might ask , but the answer was painfully obvious to him , he wasn't the strongest yet not the weakest of the bunch ; when the time to sacrifice one's life would show up it was he who was supposed to fill in the position and he didn't mind the idea much either . Life was a shithole and if he got to die in a honourable way , what better option could he ask for ?

Nanami knew what his life was supposed to look . He was certain of his fate but life took a weird turn for him.
This wasn't unexpected , this simply wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to fall in love with you ; You weren't supposed to love him back .

You weren't supposed to be solution to all his distress , weren't supposed to be his sunshine and gojo was to be blamed for it .

After all how could anyone blame nanami for Falling for the quick witted , smart and sarcastic doctor .
How was someone to not fall in love with a person as beautiful and understanding as you .
How was someone to not fall in love with the facade of confidence you wore and the subtle shyness that you hid underneath it.

You met in a cafe , gojo had forced nanami to accompany him and this was one of those rare days when nanami complied and boy did it change the turn of events. An accidental meet up and introduction to you Just because you were the only girl who didn't fall for satoru's "irresistible charm" in the baking class he joined for fun.

An hour long discussion on your favorite books while you both ignored gojo's presence made you friends at heart . One thing led to another and the two of you constantly met up as friends , neither of you realising the love brewing in your own and eachothers heart.

A sweet Confession with a handwritten letter had won your heart . Nanami kento or as you would call him , Ken, was now officially your boyfriend and the sole owner of your heart .
The singer who said "bad boys bring heaven to you" had clearly not met your boyfriend . The world seemed like a better place with him , heaven resided in his embrace and love spilled from his smile.

Dating the sorcerer for about an year and now being bestfriends with gojo for almost double the amount of time kept you informed about the jujutsu world . It was obvious the toll nanami's job was taking on him .
Now having moved in with him , you sat on the couch together , reading in comfortable silence .
A tear trickled down your cheek when the main character died . Kento had softly chuckled, the sound almost enchanting .
"If you're crying about death of a fictional character , how much would you cry over mine , hmm?" He said almost jokingly but the words came from deep within his heart.

"Well then good thing you aren't dying anytime soon , are you"you questioned in the same mocking tone but laced with bit of a dread .

"Well I dont really know but I think I am . Before I met you I didn't really care about it and was ready to sacrifice my life any given moment but now that I have you , I do have a very different Outlook on the case ."

You looked him in the eye , urging him to continue not knowing wether your heart could handle what he was about to say next .
You were so desperately and passionately in love with him that you couldn't even imagine a world without him in it.

"I now have motivation and someone to come back to , to take care of. And now I really don't want to sacrifice myself and leave you alone but alas my position in the jujutsu world remains the same .
When the time comes I am supposed to step up and sacrifice myself " he admitted not really showing any emotions.

"You did quit the job earlier didn't you , why can't you do it again ?"

"Because I make more money this way and considering how both occupations are shit anyways ,I'd rather do something I am more suited for. "

You raked your brain for ideas , you didn't want to be selfish But the love of your life was talking about sacrificing about his life, you had the right to be panicked .

"Why don't you quit working all together , you could stay at home and read and bake all day long just the way you like"you said doubting your own statements but surprisingly nanami looked in your eyes and said "go on."

"See considering that I am one of the most popular doctors here , I am already very well paid so we don't have to worry about the money .
At the end of the day we are both exhausted and rarely ever get time to spend together .
You hate your job and literally risk your life , maybe yoy should quit it" You said thinking your idea was absurd but still worth a try
"We could pamper eachother this way and spend loads more time together . I know it's very unconventional but I think I'd love to try it our with you, I'd it's agreeable with you that is."

"So I won't be providing?"

"You'd be , just not financially. And how does it matter which way you contribute to the relationship? You do stuff for me out of love and I do the same for you ."

Nanami bit his lower Lip really wondering about what you said . Your idea might've been rash but it made a lot of sense.
Your lives could workout and flourish this way .
And as far as his male ego was concerned, nanami masculinity wasn't that fragile . He was cool headed enough to really consider the idea.

He took his time contemplating the pros and cons . All the cons seemed to be societal and the pros all brought you together and closed . He could finally love The way you deserve to be . You both could do the things you loved without worrying about the other aspect of the life and lastly you Two could become eachother's support system.

"You sure? I love the idea but are you absolutely sure" He asked wanting to take a note about the certainty in your voice.

"Cent percent."

And that was how you ended up on a dinner date today , with your boyfriend . Having a fancy yet home-cooked dinner. You had changed his life , completely.
You and changed yours too.

Now love wasn't a far fetched concept for the two of you , it was simply the person right infronr of them . You had bow lived 2 years together settling by the abrupt idea of kento staying home.
It worked surprisingly well , your relationship had progressed further and with free tune on his hands nanami had planned the perfect proposal .
It would be any day now , you know , he's been hinting .

What more could either of you ask for ?